Hi
I have aquired a 9-3 2.0l turbo 2003. It is a project car that I plan to work on over the summer. I own a 9-5 as my daily runner and a GM900 vert as another project (which I am giving up on, as there is one problem after another)!
The 9-3 has a few issues, but I purchased the car because it has a wood/leather steering wheel which I had to have.
Issue 1. Battery not charging light on the top display. I left the car for 4 weeks and returned to start it on the button. The battery read 12.4 volts on the meter, 14.4 on tick over and 14.1 with the lights, aircon, wipers and radio on. I would have been happy with those figures on my daily runner. Anything else I need to check?
Issue 2. Power steering like a brick until the car gets going and hissing noise at full lock either way. I am going to change fluid and replace seal in pump. Is there anything else I need to check?
Question about Radio. The car has an AMP under the nearside (UK) front seat and 7 speakers. The radio is the standard one with no screen. It has a single play CD in the dash and a 6 CD changer in a cage in the trunk. The car has a shark fin on the roof and something has been removed from under the parcel shelf in the trunk between the rear speakers. If I wanted to add the telephone unit in the trunk and or satnav in the trunk with a differnt saab 9-3 radio unit, would any of the cabling be available in the car? I do not know if the shark fin has 1 or 2 cables. Is there an easy way to tell?

Many thanks in advance for the post. I must say, my 2005 9-5 is like a dinosaur compared to the 9-3 which is 2 years older.