Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2006 1.9 TiD
    So I got a spare ECU with the same numbers as the one in the car, looks good, never been opened and costed 50$.
    The problem is that the guy who owns a Tech2 (probably a clone) started having problems with it... it stopped connecting with the never Saab models. He is trying to solve the problem so for now I just need to sit put and wait because that's the only option I have near where I live.

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2006 1.9 TiD

['06 1.9 TiD] Intermittent - engine not starting + TCS light on

So we have installed the "new" ECU, got it married with the car and now engine starts each time. So yes, the old one was the issue.
    But now 2 other issues came up - car is starting roughly (like there was a problem with a glow plug) and we have a constant C0551 error meaning 'TCS module not programmed' + the TCS and ABS lights lit on the dash. That wasn't happening with the old ECU.

Any ideas? There seems to be no option to program the TCS and we've tried changing the wheel/brake disc settings.

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    seems related with software version of your new ECU with choice of wheels dimensions in it, I don't know if changed front brakes doing the job.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2006 1.9 TiD
    Well that seems correct, as the old one had the software version one step older and the new ECU has the newest version, the one with "EGR cleaning function".
    Anything we can do? Maybe reprogram the ECU again with a different wheel settings this time?
    Or should I start looking for another one, hoping it's not on the newest software...?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    why not calling maptun in Sweden maybe they can help you or a rebuilder like BBA europe you've nothing to lose to do.
    a prior email to them with a concise explanation of your issue could be a good start following by a phone call this is what I'm gonna do at your place.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    Having looking to WIS error related to brakes /wheels dimensions procedure is to connect tech II then modify the size in .in ESP category not ABS TCS.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by wengex View Post
    Well that seems correct, as the old one had the software version one step older and the new ECU has the newest version, the one with "EGR cleaning function".
    Anything we can do? Maybe reprogram the ECU again with a different wheel settings this time?
    Or should I start looking for another one, hoping it's not on the newest software...?
    If you have the VIN number of the car the ECU came from, you can try hand entering and divorcing from the old VIN while it's installed in your car. The latest software might not let you do that, but it's worth a shot.

A couple weeks ago I told you something that could save you a hundred frustrating hours and that good used ECU's of the exact same part number, for the exact same car, are and are not swappable between years. The 2007 software update does not allow you to overwrite with the same level software. I didn't know at the time if divorcing before removal would make it work, did know that you can't move an updated un-divorced ECU from a 2004 into a 2006.

Divorcing from the donor car makes a huge difference, a couple weeks ago a yard that knew nothing about the electronics of the one and only late model Saab in their yard let me pull an ECU from a perfect body car with a blown motor. The pulled part would not be returnable, the cars were not absolutely identical, I didn't know if it had the latest software load, or what number the ECU would have until got to the car and I didn't know if it would work in my car until after it was installed. Not only did it work, it works so well that changing the tire brand name changes the speedometer reading.

Before I pulled my own ECU I had installed 3 good used un-divorced ECU's, one wouldn't talk to the bus and the two that came from 2004's had the latest version software and when added they got the car running and gave me the exact same knock code when added to my 2006. The ECU needs to learn from the car, if it's not divorced it doesn't know it left the old car and if you can't overwrite with SPS it won't know it moved to a new one.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2006 1.9 TiD
    So I'm sitting at home and curing myself after the shoulder dislocation... Quite unpleasant experience.
    But I found a company that have identcal ECU and a BDM (for flashing/tuning ECUs) [emoji4] Thankfully I still have the BDM flash file from the old (broken) unit so they uploaded it to the new one and it's on the way to me now.
    Basically the only thing left will be to marry the ECU (immobiliser) and it should work as it has the same software and maps as the old one.
    I will write back in few weeks, after my shoulder is healed.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    we count about your feedback and hope your health goes well very soon

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by wengex View Post
    So I'm sitting at home and curing myself after the shoulder dislocation... Quite unpleasant experience.
    But I found a company that have identcal ECU and a BDM (for flashing/tuning ECUs) [emoji4] Thankfully I still have the BDM flash file from the old (broken) unit so they uploaded it to the new one and it's on the way to me now.
    Basically the only thing left will be to marry the ECU (immobiliser) and it should work as it has the same software and maps as the old one.
    I will write back in few weeks, after my shoulder is healed.

If that company where you sent your ECU does good work, please let us all know how to find it. And if anyone in the states needs ECU work done, think twice about sending it to a company in Florida. There is a company with a shipping address of Jacksonville FL that changes names when the name gets bad and best not to send anything in that direction.

Be careful with that shoulder, mine is better than it was this time last year, but so easy to go backwards without thinking just by grabbing something you expect to move and finding out the hard way that it doesn't.