Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E

Need Advices for a new car

Hey Guys, Hunting a good "new" 9-5 with low mileage I have found this one for a good price,okay it's a sludge era one, but knowing how to check and asking for. I will not consider that a problem, all I have been found have more than 15 yrs old with more than 200k on it. or with trims simply basics( fabrics seats and cheap headunit Etc... ) or coming from cars sellers I don't mind to throb any money to them ( Albanese, Pakistanese ive or so ) Have made experience before !!
    I don't do any test drive at this moment, the only thing I've noticed is the painted lip of front bumper seems cracked.
    So Any advices are welcome !!!!
    VIN says MY 2004 model III engine B235L claiming for a 220 HP
    Turbo is it a TD4 ?
    https://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/d/saab...rites%3fr%3d30
    Last edited by swisssaabist; 17 September 2017 at 17:50.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    You already have a Saab and know they can be costly to have someone fix what you can't fix yourself. So the only good advice I can offer from here is have those things you can't fix checked by someone who can.

Hard to believe it's a 2004, this has to be about the last Saab made with a real key and I would take a key over a transponder fob any day of the week. Wish I had a real key in my 06 and for a newer Saab with a real key this one is about as new as you can get.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The B235L has the TD04 and 2004+ should not have the sludge issue. Looks clean and low kilometers so that sure is a good start.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    Damn pufff gone ...take a look to others cars only selected one a 2007 with 115k miles /184k kms but be confused by the trim announced ARC I cannot find any one in any site for these MY
    Advices welcome
    Last edited by swisssaabist; 22 September 2017 at 12:11.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    ANYONE ??

Frank
    Saab(s)
    What car are you looking at? Do you have a link? 184K kilometers for a Saab 9-5 isn't that many at all and barely broken in.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    https://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/d/saab...rites%3fr%3d30
    that's the trim i couldn't find anywhere ARC is existing ??

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Arc is a common trim level for Saab. There are 4 that are used but not in all countries.

Linear
    Arc
    Vector
    Aero

The Arc trim is usually a bit more luxury than the Linear while the Vector often has more sport accessories.

In the US, it was only offered in Arc or Aero trim levels for 2007, even though both trim levels had the 2.3T engine. I am not familiar with the 2.0t engine but I imagine power may be a bit underwhelming for the Saab 9-5

It does have the nice sport seats and navigation. However, the navigation system is outdated, newer maps may be hard to find and doesn't have aux-in.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    intended to have ESP and some others interior finish better than vector, anyway i've not seen vector with semi leather seats they have fabrics seat or leather that's a bit complicated here with different trims available hope is a real ARC because the TCS is knowing for having some TB issues.
    the engine if they have not change anything on the prod lines is a B235R like mine, 150 hp is a bit lower but thinking, tuning her with Maptun 220 hp.
    painting the chromed front trims.(so ugly) and other small mods like DRL.
    Black is far away my favorite color for a car but not have so many choice

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I looked through the brochures in the Downloads here on SaabWorld and it appears Arc may not be very common in Europe.

This is from the 2005 international brochure:

Linear
    The Linear interior ambience is set with elegantwoven textile. The taut impression is reinforcedby the expressive anthracite-grey facia.A closer look reveals a generous equipmentlevel, but you can still mix and match accordingto your taste. Why not specify a differentupholstery or facia, and perhaps continue witha leather-trimmed steering wheel with matchinggear knob and 16" light alloy wheels.

Arc
    Arc is warm and inviting with a strong feelingof natural materials. You’re seated in soft,small-grain leather upholstery, facing a burledwood-effect decor facia.The specification focuses on comfort. If youwant to make it even more exciting withoutcompromising on refinement, we recommendthat you specify the 5-speed Sentronic automatictransmission, power front seats and ventilatedleather upholstery.

Vector
    The Vector interior emphasises the car’s sportyspirit. Polished and matt surfaces in black, greyand silver. Leather and fabric contrast withthe metallic decor facia. Sports seats withpronounced side and thigh support keep yousecurely in place in fast bends.The high equipment level still leaves scope foryou to boost the dynamics even more. Add, forexample, leather sports seats, a lowered sportschassis and bi-xenon headlamps.

Aero
    The Saab 9-5 Aero is our top-of-the-line model. Just look at it and you can see that it’s designed with a single-mindedpurpose – to offer the most intense Saab driving experience. The sleek lines, the dynamic stance and the refined yetsporty profile. This car demands to be driven. With our most powerful engine, it has impressive reserves of speedand power. But there’s much more to it. Like the incomparable feeling, the responsiveness and the agility with whichthe Aero deals with hills, corners and bends. You simply have to experience it.