Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    00 9 5 sport combi 2.3t , 06 9 5 sport combi 2.3t , 03 9 3 Arc SS , 04 9 3 Arc SS , 06 9 3 SC ,

Saab used parts warehouse

Have an opportunity to use 60K sq/ft , 40' height warehouse . Was thinking to start a used Saab warehouse , since there are a lot of 9 5 , 9 3 and 9000 floating around local add for cheap , not planning on doing repair shop but planning to save some of the Saabs that deserve a new lease of life from the junk yard , saw a lot of them on the local junk yard that in my opinion is a waste to scrap , most of them have very little body damaged ( minor dents , scraped bumpers , dings ) , probably because they're so under valued thats why they ended up at the junk yard , any advise or opinion ? or even idea if I should do it? bought my '00 9 5 wagon and got hook , the Saabs are better car to drive than same time period Mercedes or BMW ( I own some MBZ and BMW). Please give me an opinion ,and advise , thank you.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    If I were local I would be pleased to be involved but you are a little distant, unfortunately.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    00 9 5 sport combi 2.3t , 06 9 5 sport combi 2.3t , 03 9 3 Arc SS , 04 9 3 Arc SS , 06 9 3 SC ,
    Thank you Geoffr , but you still guide me thru this forum , basically the 9 5 that I have interest on right now ranges between $400 to $800 for complete car some runs with expired tag some don't run but still in excellent condition exterior and interior , may be I pass on the saving to this forum member .

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Saabs are unfortunately not very common in SoCal. When I lived there for a few years, I hardly saw any on the road.

Are you planning on bringing old Saabs back to life or selling parts?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nordwulf View Post
    Saabs are unfortunately not very common in SoCal. When I lived there for a few years, I hardly saw any on the road.

Are you planning on bringing old Saabs back to life or selling parts?
    Im planning to do both , but I don't have sufficient knowledge about them , but willing to learn , actually I found 8 of 9 5 wagon this weekend alone for sale , and since I bought my wagon back in feb this year , I started noticing more and more of them in my area , but a lot of 9 3 s

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    There is a guy in the UK who buys and strips old 9-5s. He doesn't have any facilities except a patch of space outside his flat (apartment). With space and the right tools and some guidance from the right people you should be able to get a proportion of the cars back on the road. Your problem will be doing it at a price that people will pay.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    most of all this is the next generation of cars you will consider, they become autonomous and electric/hybrid for most of all specially in a premium segment. a major turn point is become to happen in automotive industry ( Volvo has announced they willing to stop to build in 2019 petrol and diesel engines)
    So that kind of cars become not /less interesting for most of people, it is a dead brand too...in people minds it is not possible to obtain spares easily.
    making an unfindable parts stock could be a good idea ( thinking about plastic trims parts some are hardly to found) but really not a thing for making money.
    in addition they are not really collectible ( not Ferrari's or 60's muscle cars ) just a good old Swedish quality car.
    So it's up to you but without a real knowledge of SAAB procedures and which parts are wanted/ valuable. and your state is really hard with emissions like most of European countries,if the laws become more hard it become definitively a burden for owner's.
    that's my 2 cents

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie 00 9 5 kombi View Post
    Have an opportunity to use 60K sq/ft , 40' height warehouse . Was thinking to start a used Saab warehouse , since there are a lot of 9 5 , 9 3 and 9000 floating around local add for cheap , not planning on doing repair shop but planning to save some of the Saabs that deserve a new lease of life from the junk yard , saw a lot of them on the local junk yard that in my opinion is a waste to scrap , most of them have very little body damaged ( minor dents , scraped bumpers , dings ) , probably because they're so under valued thats why they ended up at the junk yard , any advise or opinion ? or even idea if I should do it? bought my '00 9 5 wagon and got hook , the Saabs are better car to drive than same time period Mercedes or BMW ( I own some MBZ and BMW). Please give me an opinion ,and advise , thank you.
    Risk vs reward, you could make real good money for the next ten years specializing in late model rust free Saab panels and parts, but I can't think of a worse place in the country to start a brand new business like this. If the building is virtually free for the first five years and you can stay as long as you want at an affordable price, you still have to deal with the cost of shipping and doing this in California.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swisssaabist View Post
    most of all this is the next generation of cars you will consider, they become autonomous and electric/hybrid for most of all specially in a premium segment. a major turn point is become to happen in automotive industry ( Volvo has announced they willing to stop to build in 2019 petrol and diesel engines)
    So that kind of cars become not /less interesting for most of people, it is a dead brand too...in people minds it is not possible to obtain spares easily.
    making an unfindable parts stock could be a good idea ( thinking about plastic trims parts some are hardly to found) but really not a thing for making money.
    in addition they are not really collectible ( not Ferrari's or 60's muscle cars ) just a good old Swedish quality car.
    So it's up to you but without a real knowledge of SAAB procedures and which parts are wanted/ valuable. and your state is really hard with emissions like most of European countries,if the laws become more hard it become definitively a burden for owner's.
    that's my 2 cents
    Thank you , my plan is to save as many exterior and interior parts and hopefully , some mechanical parts that is still in good (not just usable) condition , and re sale them at reasonable price (some of the parts that caught my attention from online sellers are pretty expensive).

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Risk vs reward, you could make real good money for the next ten years specializing in late model rust free Saab panels and parts, but I can't think of a worse place in the country to start a brand new business like this. If the building is virtually free for the first five years and you can stay as long as you want at an affordable price, you still have to deal with the cost of shipping and doing this in California.
    Building is free as long as my family own it , portion of 180k sq/ft warehouse , but I have to get one or two hoist and some other equipment for the cars , shelving to store them indoor are there already , and some of the 99 up 9 5 and 9 3 I found they're rust free cars ( originally California cars)