Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    07 Aug 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8
    Saab(s)
    2006 93 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   0

    Where to find new wheel studs for 93 Aero?

    I have a 2006 93 Aero and my wheel studs are very rusted and would like new ones. The size that I have found is 17 mm conical heads with 12 mm x 1.5 in threads. I would like to get swivel, black or black chrome studs but I have only been able to find solid studs and not in black.

    Does anyone know where I could buy new studs? If not anyone have any advice on what I could replace them with that look nice? Thanks.

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Saab Fan lowrider_rt2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 May 2017
    Location
    7one7 area
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-3
    Thumbs Up:   7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekit View Post
    I have a 2006 93 Aero and my wheel studs are very rusted and would like new ones. The size that I have found is 17 mm conical heads with 12 mm x 1.5 in threads. I would like to get swivel, black or black chrome studs but I have only been able to find solid studs and not in black.

    Does anyone know where I could buy new studs? If not anyone have any advice on what I could replace them with that look nice? Thanks.
    Something like these?

    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/121934942726

    I converted my 9-3 to wheel studs and ditched the wheel bolts.

    Sent from my 9-3

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    07 Aug 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8
    Saab(s)
    2006 93 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   0
    I would like to avoid the tuner style and stick with normal bolt head. And if possible get the swivel bottom that the oem ones have.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Saab Enthusiast
    Join Date
    10 Apr 2017
    Location
    Denham, England
    Posts
    124
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekit View Post
    I would like to avoid the tuner style and stick with normal bolt head. And if possible get the swivel bottom that the oem ones have.
    Why not just buy OEM ones, I think they are still available.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Saab Fan lowrider_rt2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 May 2017
    Location
    7one7 area
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-3
    Thumbs Up:   7
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
    Why not just buy OEM ones, I think they are still available.
    I have my OEM ones yet

    Sent from my 9-3

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    07 Aug 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8
    Saab(s)
    2006 93 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
    Why not just buy OEM ones, I think they are still available.
    Are there black OEM ones? ive tried looking but cant find them anywhere.

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Frank
    Saab Enthusiast nordwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 2010
    Location
    NW Michigan, USA
    Posts
    7,443
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thumbs Up:   38
    Are you really looking for wheel studs or just something to fix the rusty lug nuts?

    Rusty nuts are standard equipment on Saabs. That's why there are OEM wheel lug nut caps available.

    https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/105...17mm-12771404/

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SAAB-Whe...-/122246458101


    0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    07 Aug 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8
    Saab(s)
    2006 93 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Hmm... seems like there is no way to avoid the rust then huh. I might just get the caps then. How would I conver them to studs? i would need a specific length to use closed head nuts

    0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Saab Fan lowrider_rt2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 May 2017
    Location
    7one7 area
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-3
    Thumbs Up:   7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekit View Post
    Hmm... seems like there is no way to avoid the rust then huh. I might just get the caps then. How would I conver them to studs? i would need a specific length to use closed head nuts
    I ordered BMW racing studs to convert my 9-3. They are M12 x 1.5 and 44mm long.

    Sent from my 9-3

    0 Not allowed!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 Saab 9-5 aero wheel well trim?
    By Madoser in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12 November 2016, 11:32
  2. 2008 9-5 AERO wheel hub replacement tools
    By MitchMeister03 in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03 February 2016, 22:08
  3. Best wheel + tyre combo for an Aero (or any 9-5)
    By bandasaab in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11 December 2015, 06:50
  4. 5-spoke (~2004) Aero wheel restoration
    By Talladega900 in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10 March 2012, 22:22
  5. Need to find a Super Aero Rim
    By Rone in forum Saab 900 (1979-1994)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12 October 2011, 16:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.