Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 arc

Brake lights always on

Hi, I have a problem where my brake lights are always on when driving, replaced the brake switch and that didn't solve the problem. Also the tcs light turns on after about 10 minutes of driving and cruise control is no longer working. I'm assuming it's all connected but I have no clue what it is. I took it to a local foriegn care shop that works on saabs and they think it's the twice module but quoted me $3100 to fix it and they weren't positive that was the problem. Anyone know what could be going on with my car?
    Edit: it's a 2004 Saab 9-5 arc
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Wrightsaab; 14 August 2017 at 17:08. Reason: Forget to put car model

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    first of all check the wires on abs hub on the rear wheels, maybe wires are broken. lift your car take out wheels and check it, if this is not that could be the abs tcs module going bad, you can having that module rebuilded ( lots of vids on You tube) BBA reman doing that for good price you can drive without the module on board simply you have not ABS.
    but that curious you don't have any codes coming up with OBD reader or TECH II if yes it could be a good start for avoiding change parts randomly !!

Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 arc
    So I haven't checked the sensor yet because I now have a leak in my oil cooler hose. I'm not sure which is the input or output. Can anyone help with that?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    You've replaced the switch and the brake lights stay on, cruise control is supposed to disengage when the brake pedal is pushed and cruise off when brakes lights are on is normal. You could always have a flaked out module and without using the Tech 2 the twice wouldn't be the one I would suspect first. Hate to say this but a short in the cabling could be the cause, and that could also give the kind of bad signal that could make a module look bad and that short could be anywhere.

Wire harnesses fix cheap and can take forever to find. If you're not the original owner start by looking under the dash for anything that might have been touched and taped in the past 13 years. A good visual inspection of everything from the brake pedal to the tail lights should be done before you spend a penny on parts.

Your oil cooler line question, if one is bad the other one can't be to far behind might as well get both.

Saab(s)
    9-5 1.9 TID 2007
    I have exactly the same problem as u described, i stopped today by my house, and opened the hood and i felt some strange smell coming somewhere under the engine or somewhere around it, like its burning tire or smell of the plastic, idk, cant relate. Have u solved this problem with the lights and abs off light from dashboard?