Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-5t

Transmission problem and heat problem

Hey there thanks for the add I have 9.5T with automatic transmission I pick it up for a project car so far I fix the coil pack and off track window. Lately when I'm driving the car the transmission started to because very Sluggish and something it feel like, it want to Slip I was told I should do I transmission flushed will that help.. and also when u started the car the heat kick on is that Normal... thanks I could used the help..

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    You didn't include the year of your car and not knowing if you have a 4, 5 or 6 speed auto all I can give you is basic generic info.

Flushing fluid in a tranny with lots of miles that is running on the factory original fluid can cause more problems than it solves, suggest you check fluid level first, add if low. Check for codes, a faulty clutch pack will give you codes, a torque converter that's not locking up because it doesn't know it should won't pop a code. Replacing only what you can drain from the pan is the safest way to freshen up your fluid when you don't know how old it is.

You say this was a project car, all used cars are sold for a reason and fear of expensive transmission work might have been the reason. Nothing does a better job of making a good Asin transmission feel like it's going bad than a flaky brake light circuit, ask a friend to follow you at night, make sure your brake lights don't flicker while you're driving before you go digging into the tranny.

Again, don't know what year your car is, or what options it has and answering your heater question for normal will depend on whether or not you have climate control and what you have chosen for user settings.

Saab(s)
    9-5t
    Sorry it a 2004

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    2004 means that you should have the 5 speed and this link will be very useful http://akpphelp.ru/images/contents/f...0SN%2051SN.pdf don't loose it, the book is $60 to buy and online view is tough to find.

Read the book. Do the simple things mentioned and after you've checked for codes pull the battery cable and leave it off for about 10 minutes, then drive for a bit and see if your problem still exists. Slow to shift and feels like it slips good chance it could be nothing more than a flakey brake light switch, but don't count on it. If your brake lights are good, you have no codes and you still have the problem check impedance at the plug connects, book will tell you what they should be.