Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Greenville-Spartanburg, South Carolins USA
    Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 Aero Convertible 1989 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Add control modules using Tech II

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to SaabWorld and I hope this post is somewhat related to the others.
    When trying to add control modules using my Tech II clone I receive this message:
    CIM COLUMN INTEGRATION MODULE
    Negative response: 7F 1A 22
    DID Number: 3F
    scode.c, Line 676
    Tech II is connected correctly, I assume. I'm running Saab TIS 2008-2 with dongle crack on VM with XP Professional and am able to receive level 1 security, be it with a generic vin # but it was granted,
    Recently I removed the CIM (keys were not recognized any longer) and shipped it and keys for repair without removing it with a Tech II first (Didn't have the scanner yet). All they did was test the CIM and repaired the 2 fob transponders. So the CIM tested OK. Upon installation of the CIM without using a Tech II, I received a "Stability Control Malfunction". However I was able to adjust the steering angle sensor with my new scanner and solved the stability control malfunction problem. I have had a steering wheel lock malfunction for about a year now prior to the keys going bad. I replaced the ism to no avail so I did a workaround to get the car to start. I have tied removing the negative battery terminal hundreds of times to reset the CIM and the SCL but it doesn't work. My questions are how do I add my VIN number to TIS when I obtain security access? Why do I get a negative response from my CIM when trying to add/remove control modules but can do everything else? How do I know if the SCL is bad and needs to be replaced? How do I calibrate a new throttle body with the scanner (Replaced the original one)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, at this point I am stuck and frustrated that I have bought a tech2 scanner and cannot fix these issues.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Several! An '86 900, a '96 900, an '05 9-5...
    hello roblutz, even though many a week has passed since you posted your issues and questions, without a reply, I for one am still very interested in whether and how your questions were answered. Will be grateful for your reply! rob

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I moved this to a new thread in the Tech Talk forum. Hopefully it will get some attention from Tech2 experts here.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    I've had the apparent security access with vin number problem and it took me a couple of months to get these bugs out of my Tech 2 - TIS - PC set-up. Not even going to try writing out instructions on how to do this because there is new from the box TIS and several bootlegged TIS programs sold and when you get one of those you get what you got and work with what you have. With fully functioning security access you get your vehicles vin when you get access or you don't get to play with the CIM, that is if the CIM you're trying to talk to came new with the car.

Steering wheel lock could be bad SCL, or flaky ignition switch, or a security issue and as you've replaced the ISM how you work around the wheel lock malfunction will tell if this is anti theft or wheel lock problem. Pulling the battery cable doesn't reset things and you do what? --- to get past the wheel lock issue. If this takes you a good ten minutes no matter what you do, have you tried locking and unlocking the doors with the remote, open - close driver door and then inserting the fob into the switch socket when the wheel isn't unlocking?

Our 2.0t motor throttle body calibration is done during the system check when the ignition switch is turned on. The T8 tells it to fully open and close, checks the voltage as it goes and recalibrates each time the key is turned on.

Getting a computer set up to work with Saab TIS can be frustrating, if it was easy GM wouldn't have set up dealer training classes and provided a help line. Doing this without good instructions, training or tech support, makes for a long learning curve. Hang in there, the reward is worth the effort, but depending on where you got your TIS it might not work on a virtual machine and spending $80 on an older laptop with a real serial port is strongly recommended.

Greenville-Spartanburg, South Carolins USA
    Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 Aero Convertible 1989 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible
    It's been a minute but.. Just recently purchased an old Dell pc laptop with the rs232 serial port & Windows 8 sp3. TIS 2000 loaded and running. Security Acess level 1 granted. Still getting the CIM "Negative Response" when trying to remove/add modules or when using the function on the Tech2, "Get security acess".
    Still have the "Steering column lock malfunction". It's been bypassed now for years using a wire run from the starter relay to a push button switch inside the car and grounded to a metal fastener. I have not purchased a new SCL in hopes that it was the fact that the battery died and after replacement I got the SCL message. I have tried the locking/unlocking, open/close door with key in to no avail. Does anyone have advice on how to solve the "Negative Response" issue with the Tech2? In addition, I now have a door lock module, solar sensor, & amp 1 errors. Could any of the "Dtc" errors lead to the "Negative Response"?
    (Sometimes trying to gain security acess took a couple of try's but seemed to work best with the key in "ON" position, still after gaining "Security Acess" on the PC and then trying to remove/add modules or using the "Gain Security Acess" from the Tech II the error "NR" keeps reoccurring).