Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T

Drivers side window drops down

My 2006 9-3 driver side window drops down halfway after turning the car off. Any ideas on what is going on or how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Drivers door wire gets flexed every time the car is driven and most problems for this door are found at the flex point. Window operation is also controlled by switch and the body control module.
    Does this now happen every time the car is turned off?
    Does the window drop immediately after the key is switched off, or does it wait until the door is opened?
    Can you close the window and have it stay closed after it's run half way down?

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Yes it does it every time she turns the vehicle off and every time she raises the window.

Apparently I may have misspoken. Now I'm being told this drop down issue is only when she tries to raise the window and doesn't matter if the vehicle is moving or stopped.

Yes, when she is parked she will raise the window then quickly remove the key before it begins to drop down. Once the window is up, it stays up, even when she starts the car later.

Hope this helps clarify the situation. Thanks again for your quick response :-)

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Though the odds of finding this particular problem in the door bundle flex point are slim, open the door, grab hold of the cable boot, move the wire bundle around while working the window switch and see if it makes any difference in the window operation. Sounds like you have a flaky or confused module, body control or if it has the feature installed anti pinch. Easy test to see if you have a bad wire telling the computer to do something it thinks needs to be done.

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Thanks again for your quick response. I only have limited access in the coming days as my daughter will be working some doubles and we are expecting wet weather the next few days. I'll get back to you once I've completed those tests.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Sunny and chilly this morning, now gloomy and chilly, but no rain today and for next few? If pulling and pushing the door cable didn't expose an obviously broken wire that needs to be fixed, grab a hot pizza, some cold soda and run the car over toward the end of the week. I'll plug my stuff in and see if we can convince the window to obey the switch. If you're in Minneapolis Kansas and not my Minneapolis, forget about the pizza, it will be cold and old by the time you get here.

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Sunny and chilly this morning, now gloomy and chilly, but no rain today and for next few? If pulling and pushing the door cable didn't expose an obviously broken wire that needs to be fixed, grab a hot pizza, some cold soda and run the car over toward the end of the week. I'll plug my stuff in and see if we can convince the window to obey the switch. If you're in Minneapolis Kansas and not my Minneapolis, forget about the pizza, it will be cold and old by the time you get here.
    I am in MPLS, MN. So my daughter tells me that the issue resolved itself. I wonder if she didn't push the kiddy window lock button to cause troubles and to fix it. All by accident of course. Still haven't looked it yet.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Child lock isn't supposed to affect the drivers window, but a bad switch pack can. If the problem comes back, send me a private message if you need to use my Tech 2 for a few minutes I'll tell you how to contact me directly.

Gary
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Child lock isn't supposed to affect the drivers window, but a bad switch pack can. If the problem comes back, send me a private message if you need to use my Tech 2 for a few minutes I'll tell you how to contact me directly.
    I do own a Blu Driver OBD reader, same thing?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench View Post
    I do own a Blu Driver OBD reader, same thing?
    Great little tool for reading codes and operational information, but it won't let you run tests, make adjustments or replace modules. For that you need the GM Tech 2 with Saab software and TIS for security access.