Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 Arc

Door locks

My door locks do not lock from the fob or on the switches inside the car and the valet key only unlocks the driver door....2003 9-3 arc

Sent from my SM-T807T using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Have you checked your fuses?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 Arc
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Have you checked your fuses?
    All 4 door module fuses good....would one bad actuator being bad make them all not work...rear passenger side is not doing anything....

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 Arc
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck35lopez View Post
    My door locks do not lock from the fob or on the switches inside the car and the valet key only unlocks the driver door....2003 9-3 arc

Would one bad actuator being bad make them all not work...passenger side rear is not doing anything....

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck35lopez View Post
    Would one bad actuator being bad make them all not work...passenger side rear is not doing anything....

Don't know if one door module could fail in a way that could affect all other doors, do know they all run through the body control module, does your remote trunk work?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 Arc
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Don't know if one door module could fail in a way that could affect all other doors, do know they all run through the body control module, does your remote trunk work?
    Trunk works with the button on the door.....fuel door lock is broke off..

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Fuel door lock is broken off, is this car a recent purchase and / or did it come with working locks and a broken fuel door lock?

It's my understanding that some early 2003 9-3's came with a real ignition key and not the "smart" transponder fob with the emergency door only key. When you say valet key works in the door, does this mean that you have another real key with the attached remote?

Either way, does the SID display lock error?

With the key in the ignition and the switch turned to the ON position, when the remote trunk/boot switch is pressed does the SID display number of keys programed to the car?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 Arc
    Yes... resent purchase and according to the dealer and the vin late model 2003,and the locks worked for about a week and broken fuel door...one transponder with a hard key inside...I will check to see how many remotes are programed today...no lock error message in the SID....thanks for all the help

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    With this in mind I'm going to guess that you have multiple small problems.

Doesn't sound like a serious central locking system problem, sounds more like a weak battery in the fob. If you've already replaced the battery it's probably not making good contact.

When your remote doesn't work and you use the "emergency key" to open the door the little switch inside the lock is supposed to send a signal and when a car gets to be 5 years old these usually don't work in my part of the country when they've never been used before. Your car is coming up on 15 years old and this could be the first time that lock has been turned by a key.

Right rear door doesn't work like it should, another lack of use problem and this is normal for a lot of 4 door cars that aren't constantly hauling kids. A healthy soaking of the latch with WD40 and a few dozen door latching's usually gets this working without having to take anything apart. Not so lucky with the switch in drivers door key lock, it's in the wrong location to get a good squirt without pulling the door panel and as these things need to be used to keep working, not really worth the effort.

Get yourself a second smart fob and get it programed to work with the car while you can, right now your remote lock isn't working, if your only transponder takes a dump too, you won't be able to start your car.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 Arc
    Ok so update....all door panels /cards removed everything got a dose of wd-40 front door switches removed and disassembled cleaned didn't see any obvious problems....back door locks don't do anything I can move them lock and unlock...front still won't lock with switches or fob...all other features on the fob work...trunk opens,windows go down and sunroof opens when I push the unlock button on the fob....JUST WILL NOT LOCK!!! Could it be the siren or bcm??? I hear a clicking like the steering wheel lock is trying to lock but it is not locking either....