Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saab(s)
    2008 turbo 93

Looking to sell my 2008 Saab turbo 93

I'm looking to sell my Saab and have had a hard time doing so thus far. Any advice? Am I better off donating? People seem to shy away because of the make/model and bankruptcy of Saab.
    Thanks!

Saab Enthusiast lowrider_rt2000's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Katia Shairs View Post
    I'm looking to sell my Saab and have had a hard time doing so thus far. Any advice? Am I better off donating? People seem to shy away because of the make/model and bankruptcy of Saab.
    Thanks!
    You can donate it to me!

Sent from my 9-3

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thanks!
    Selling anything is marketing and price point. It might still be fall but it's really the beginning of winter and promoting the Saab winter driving attributes of traction and stability control for driving through slush and on slippery roads is a marketing point well worth pushing. Post a link to your add so we can see why your Saab isn't selling.

Saab(s)
    2008 turbo 93

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Selling anything is marketing and price point. It might still be fall but it's really the beginning of winter and promoting the Saab winter driving attributes of traction and stability control for driving through slush and on slippery roads is a marketing point well worth pushing. Post a link to your add so we can see why your Saab isn't selling.
    All very true. Thank you for your feedback. Here is the link: https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/6396097423.html

Saab Enthusiast lowrider_rt2000's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-3
    All very true. Thank you for your feedback. Here is the link: https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/6396097423.html
    OK...so I would take pics of the motor, inside the car, and maybe show tread depth with a penny on 1 of the tires. You should put gets great mpg. Maybe list what electrical problems it has. You should also list "key words" in your post. Every time I list an item I add in key words. I add so many different words that might not even have anything to with what I am selling. So...example, you're trying to sell a Saab. In your "key words", list Ford, Chevy, Honda, CBR, truck, trailer, VW, so on and so on. This will broaden your search engine. Because, lets say somebody is looking for a Ford truck. Your post will come up under the Ford search. Maybe someone knows somebody who knows someone looking for a cheap car. I've had very good luck by doing it this way. Also, add your number in the listing itself but do it with words and numbers. This is so you don't get robo calls and people will take your post more seriously. So if you're cell number is 222-333-4444 you would put 2two2-three33- four44four. I hope this all makes sense and helps you.

Sent from my 9-3

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Pretty obvious why you're having a hard time selling, even the salvage auctions post more online pictures to sell a car for scarp.

Get rid of the less than 100K mile and needs battery statement. If it needs a battery that bad, get a cheap new one, or a good working used one from a salvage yard. Bad battery and brakes screams you can't start me and if you do, you can't drive me home.

Needs electrical work scares off 99% of all potential buyers. Radio doesn't work statement doesn't scare away buyers. Listing what doesn't work can actually attract buyers that shop for good looking, good running, low mileage cars that need power window and seat work. And raise your price so these buyers can subtract retail cost of these repairs from the purchase price. If the car runs and drives good and looks as good from all angles as it does in the one picture, you're an easy $1500.00 low. The way your add reads at 2K or best offer, it sounds like you're selling a clunker and raising the price will raise the interest. Taking less than the new asking price will sell the car.

Good composition on the one picture now add pictures all 4 corners, 1 engine, 2 interior, 1 instrument panel showing mileage, this is a 90 thousand mile car, show it off.

Key words are important: List all features IE: power steering, power brakes 4 wheel disk ABS brakes, traction control, stability control, power windows, power door locks, rear window defroster, power sun roof, power remote mirrors, radio AM FM CD Bluetooth for hands free phone, front and side curtain air bags, . If it has heated seats list the heated seats, if it has heated mirrors list them, if they don't work, mention that later in the this is a used car shows some wear could use some work not perfect statement.

People who don't know Saab are afraid of Saab's and introducing the car as having the Upscale modern Euro styling that is uniquely Saab, the proven dependability and performance of the same GM drivetrain offered in Cadillac's and built with the same quality and attention to passenger safety as a Mercedes will tell people that Saab is a quality built, safe and dependable car. Listing all the features and options follows the introduction, the used car not perfect will and could need statement comes at the end and makes for an honest attention getting add.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    very sage words Digger I will follow them this car looks fine but like Dig says the price is too low for not being a lemon in purchaser mind.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Craigslist is good for finding a local buyer but often locals looking for a cheap 10 year old car won't be searching for a Saab or any other European make. Listing on cars.com and eBay will give you a much broader audience nationwide. I bought most of my Saabs outisde of my local area (California, Florida, New Jersey, Ohio) and found all them through these sites. You're looking for the Saab enthusiast who is looking for an inexpensive car like this.

As mentioned by others here, make sure to provide a good description, pictures and fix anything that's easy and/or inexpensive. Even fixing more expensive things like brakes will give the buyer confidence this car is taken care off. Spend a few hours giving it a good cleaning always helps. Be honest with your description but don't go into too much detail. Keep it professional and not personal.

What's wrong with the brakes? It could range from a few inexpensive $50 brake pads to new rotors or a complete brake overhaul. It would be difficult for potential buyers to get a good idea of how much it is going to cost without knowing what the problem is.

Looks like a really nice Saab and the price of only $2000 suggest there are problems you can't see.

Beautiful Polar White Saab with black leather interior for sale. Less than 100K miles on it. Rides like a dream! Needs new battery, brakes, and some electrical work. Asking $2000 or b/o

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD
    To replace your 9-3 with an equivalent new car will cost you $40,000 and to replace it with a used non-Saab will cost you $10,000. A trade in on a new car will get you $2,000 if you car drive it into the dealership. On Black Friday you can probably get more. I would suggest you repair and keep the 9-3. Reasons for $2,000 used cars are really old or in poor shape, prior major accident damage, or non drivable vehicles.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%Saab View Post
    To replace your 9-3 with an equivalent new car will cost you $40,000 and to replace it with a used non-Saab will cost you $10,000. A trade in on a new car will get you $2,000 if you car drive it into the dealership. On Black Friday you can probably get more. I would suggest you repair and keep the 9-3. Reasons for $2,000 used cars are really old or in poor shape, prior major accident damage, or non drivable vehicles.
    it was me i'll do the same but maybe she has 40'000 to spend in a new car who knows