Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-5 saloon 3.0l v6 and 9-3 aero combi

Consistent bank 1 o2 sensor fault management light

Hi . Thank you for the exceptence in to this forum . I have and love my 9-5 American spec saab which drives superbly and is in excellent condition . It is a v6 3.0l turbo which I would like to update a little bit for now I’m very interested in fixing my recurring fault on the bank 1 o2 sensor which has yet again been replaced with a genuine part but again after a few days I get the same fault come up : it is a bit intermittent depending on temp . Usually off when very cold .-9 and below but otherwise on all the time unless reset but then back usually within a few days or sometimes hours . I’d appreciate any help or advice on this . Thank you in advance . Phil

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    When two new parts continue to display the same fault as the original part, the original part was probably good. If all you have to check this with is a code reader, replacing all three injectors will cost you less than a full diagnostic and give you a 50% chance of eliminating the problem. Before spending another krone on parts give the cable and connector a good looking over.

Saab(s)
    9-5 saloon 3.0l v6 and 9-3 aero combi
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    When two new parts continue to display the same fault as the original part, the original part was probably good. If all you have to check this with is a code reader, replacing all three injectors will cost you less than a full diagnostic and give you a 50% chance of eliminating the problem. Before spending another krone on parts give the cable and connector a good looking over.
    Hi digger . Sorry this has taken along time to reply to but due to incorrect injectors and a few other issues being sent to me I have finally got around to replacing the injectors with some improved performance ones . I’ve also tried replacing the o2 sensor again. The fault disappeared for 2 days and then returned . I can find no obvious fault on the harness . Any help would be extremely welcome as it has now failed the EU check because of this fault . Regards Phil

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    You are going to need a scan tool that also displays engine operating information. Obviously the problem isn't serious enough to hard code on start and you will need to be able to see what the computer sees. While drive cycle tests are in progress pending codes can be found and the readings that cause the problem are much easier to identify. Completed drive cycle displays hard code as interpreted by the engine computer and this can be caused by one or more sensors feeding erroneous information that causes the computer to determine that some perfectly good part is not working properly. Time for a diagnostic scan, If you have time to learn how to read and interpret what you see, the tool will pay for itself the first time you use it. Sometimes you bite the bullet and pay to have the job done because it needs to be done today.