Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-5 2011

Saab 9-5 Ng computer problems

Hi everybody!
    I got this issue for a while now - the computer just fails to work at one point while driving: handbrake doesn't engage (have to hold the button for the second step of the handbrake), no DTE, no average consumption, no average speed, the doors aren't locking by themselves, the steering wheel doesn't lock when exiting the car (after engine off), and the most interesting one - the mileage freezes when the fault comes on - so the car does not records the miles when driving. Nothing comes on diagnostic. Everything started after I changed the rear brakes without updating the computer. There's no message, just a continuous chime and handbrake as faulty with red and also service parking brake sign in orange. Does anyone have/had this symptoms; is it a sensor related fault or a mechanical failure?
    An important detail - the fault comes at low speed when avoiding obstacles, or going slowly through a pot hole while touching the brake. Everything clears if stop/restart the vehicle. Thank you in advance.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskyrescuekkk View Post
    Everything started after I changed the rear brakes without updating the computer.
    Have you done this now? If not I suggest that you start there.

Saab(s)
    9-5 2011
    I'm abroad at the moment; one mechanic in Austria told me that when a wheel is removed and then fitted back you have to keep in mind that there are some cables and some sensors around; he said the sensors were slightly disturbed in this process. The repair he said is that simple that he won't charge me nothing but at that moment he had a car on the elevator and he asked me to come another day. The reason why it doesn't record the mileage is simple because the sensor it doesn't read properly the wheel rotations. To be honest it sounds a bit too simple but in the same time it makes sense. Now, another mechanic told me that is the abs module because on diagnostic all 4 wheels are receiving too low voltage. I'll update until repair; until then I brake in the old fashion way.
    The first mechanic said that I bended some cables in the wrong way when I fitted back the wheels but he didn't want to tell me which ones and is just a matter to bend them back and to fit back the wheel with care.