Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 06 wagon

Sportcombi brakes

A couple of months ago my brakes were seeming different. I took them in and I needed new brake pads and rotors, but it seemed that there was still an issue. One time I was backing out of a driveway on a little hill, and my brakes were not working at all, I then lifted my emergency brake. I tried it again but my brakes still didn’t work, I restarted the car and then my brakes worked. I took it to the mechanic and they replaced a brake vacuum pump, a little over a week ago. For about 5 days now, it seems that I have to press so far down on the brakes for it to have any effect. I press over halfway down and it’s like I’m not even pressing them as I drive. Today I also was driving down a hill, there was a stop sign but you don’t need to stop if you turn right. I was turing right and I was keeping in mind of my brakes and pressing far down on them and the pedal jumped and made my foot go up. I think if I had to of stopped, I don’t think I could have.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Welcome to the world of programmable pedal sensitivity, computer controlled traction, stability, anti lock brakes, Required on all new US cars since 2012

Before you start looking at pricy ABS or computer problems, have the brake system pressure bled, not the push the pedal only bleed, but the serious needs special tools bleed and then pull the battery cable to reset the system. The ABS doesn't like having fluid forced backwards through its valves and way to many times brakes calipers are compressed without opening the bleeders when replacing pads and rotors. A good flush and bleed can solve a lot of problems, if your brakes aren't working after that, it's time to visit your local Saab service center.
    Last edited by Digger; 22 February 2018 at 05:37. Reason: Afterthought

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 06 wagon
    Thank you for the reply. We took it back in today and they said the brake cylinder is out... so you think that’s true? I paid over $900 for brakes and rotors, $800 for the brake vacuum pump, and now $500

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hclark View Post
    Thank you for the reply. We took it back in today and they said the brake cylinder is out... so you think that’s true? I paid over $900 for brakes and rotors, $800 for the brake vacuum pump, and now $500
    Knowing nothing more than what you've posted and not having examined or driven the car myself, I can't say from here if it's true or not. But I can express an opinion and that is; if this is true, they should have noticed this before they sold you an $800 vacuum pump job you probably didn't need and sent you down the road with bad brakes.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    say to us if it an ex Saab dealer ??