Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Of course Portland still has a Saab dealership

Article from Hagerty Insurance:

Most passersby on 82nd Avenue in Portland, Oregon, won’t register Garry Small Saab at all as they motor along the busy street. But for any car aficionado, the lineup of Saabs and active sales advertisements generates inevitable confusion and intrigue.

Yes, Portland still has a Saab dealership. There's official signage, it's clearly still in business, and the calendar shows 2018, seven years since the beloved, oddball Swedish brand “born from jets” sucked in its final turbocharged breath. Garry Small Saab has always been something of an outlier anyway, so as far as the dealership is concerned, tales of the marque’s demise are greatly exaggerated.

Read more: https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...aab-dealership

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    I've seen this dealership. It's looks like it's in good shape, not old and beat up.

Saab(s)
    2001 9-3 Viggen convertible
    I'm so jealous. I live in the New Orleans area, and I so rarely see other Saabs that – despite the fact that the other driver is a complete stranger – when I do see another person driving one, we honk at each other! No joke!

There is a dealership that is rumored to be able to work on them up in Baton Rouge (a long 80+ mile drive if your car is doing something strange) but I've not verified it yet. I take it to a mechanic that is known as the place that can fix ANYTHING, but that doesn't stop them from groaning (I hope not in a completely serious way; we give them a fairly large amount of money!) and asking me, "Whats wrong with the Saab now?" Well, plenty, I just need to discover a cure for a fatal disease or something similarly financially lucrative so that I can afford to have it all fixed. This 2001 Viggen has been my dream car since I test drove (a new) one back in 2001. I didn't have $43K, so I sucked it up and just lived with my 1999 9-3 base model convertible. But now that I finally found this one last year, I don't want to ever give up on it. If it's mechanical, it can be fixed, right?

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    Welcome here what's wrong with your car ?

Saab(s)
    2001 9-3 Viggen convertible
    Thank you! Right now, it's running, but we just changed the fuel pump, and the exhaust system is making a bunch of noise due to it having to be moved around to access the gas tank. That's going to be this weekend's project if the weather is okay; a friend of mine had a 1998 900 and has the pieces that I need to hang (reattach? Not sure of what the proper word is to describe what we'll be doing) all of the loose portions back to the undercarriage more tightly. I'm also going to replace my left front fog lamp, as it was shattered when I bought the car. It was from eBay, the price was right, and my fiancé bought it for me, and made me possibly – no, definitely – happier than when he gave me my engagement ring! I finally have my Viggen! I didn't mean to hijack the thread, by the way, and I really appreciate your kind welcome. I'm going to be utilizing the "search" function a lot. My next project, which I'm doing for appearance mostly, is to get the E-code headlamps and to replace as many of the colored lenses with clear, and then replace the bulbs with the colored "stealth" bulbs. I'm gradually accumulating what I need for that, and it's not a critical project anyway.