Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciejman View Post
    when turning the lights on they go through the up and down check, but then they still slowly creep down for about 5 seconds like they did before. While driving last night the light is clearly pointing too far down- I could not see very far in front of me at all. Had to have high beams on to see well. Could faulty or out of line level sensors cause this? Have you heard of this happening before and if so do you know what the fix was?
    This happened on my 9-5 and the issue was a load angle sensor that went bad. More information in this thread: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=1981

I think I still have the new front sensor somewhere that I couldn't return.

Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Great info on the load angle sensor. I would love to get in contact with you about your extra sensor, and I assume a private message would be the way to go? First- after reading the thread you linked to, it sounds like the same issue I'm having with possibly one (maybe big) difference. The Xenon lamp system indicator you mentioned came on in your car, but I do not have any lights on. Is that a warning on your SID?

I do still get(which I forgot to mention in my last post) 'front headlamp failure' on the SID but ONLY when I put high beams on. Both shutters are now opening as they should so I'm very confused as to why this failure warning comes on when engaging high beams. I don't think this is related to your Xenon lamp system indicator but I thought I would ask you to clarify what that warning was/where it comes on (SID?)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    It's a yellow/amber warning light in the instrument cluster. Just send me your mailing adress in a private message and I'll mail it out you. You can first visually inspect the sensors. The plastic that connects the sensor to the frame broke off on mine.

Name:  saab_9-5_xenon_warning_light_dash.gif
Views: 233
Size:  6.7 KB

Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Ah-ha! Light on the instrument cluster, not the SID. Thanks for clarifying. I just ran out to the car to check for that light and I do not have that warning light on. Turned the lights on and off a few times and no indicator light on my dash at all, and I don't remember ever seeing this one come on either.

I'll be inspecting my sensors tonight and let you know what I find out. I'll PM you if it looks like I need the sensor. Thank you very much!

Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Hey nordwulf- I want to thank you again for offer to send me your extra sensor, but sadly for me it will not be needed. I do not have any load level sensors on my car- front or back, meaning it must have originally came with Halogens only. So it seems that the previous owner did decided to 'upgrade' to the HIDs from Halogens, and that's how I've found the mess I was in. So now.......

1. I leave it as is since now that I put the proper projectors in I have working high beams. However the low beams aim way too low.

2. I switch out my headlights with Halogens and likely everything would be back to normal. No low aiming low beams, and no SID saying 'front light failure' when I put the high beams on(even though there's no lights out). Also with this option, it seems as if I now have $200 each headlight assemblies that I could sell if I go back to Halogen.

3. I leave it as is but find out a way to adjust the aim so my low beams don't point down so far. I assume tech2 cant help with this since my car didn't originally come with HID's? Ever heard of a way to make them stay in one position?

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Hey Macie,
    The wire harness should be in place so if you go back to the Upull and get the rest of the parts you need the car can be programed to work. Or sell your HID's for what the market value and stop looking at the light failure message on the SID.

Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Hey Digger- Are you saying the wire harness of a donor car? I can pull that off a car that originally came with HID's and put it all on my car, then program?

Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Oh and I finally got a good pic. Here's my new ride.
    Name:  New Saab 1.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  30.5 KB

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciejman View Post
    Hey Digger- Are you saying the wire harness of a donor car? I can pull that off a car that originally came with HID's and put it all on my car, then program?
    Not the entire wire harness, the main harness already runs the length of the car, so you just need the parts and the parts that plug into the parts you don't have.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Did you try adjusting the height of the low beam with the mechanical adjustment? I don't know how far they will go up but maybe higher than what they are now. More info here: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=1274