Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Frank- you sir are the man! I adjusted them last night to their highest setting and I can now see more than 10 feet in front of me at night!!

I did not know these could be adjusted by hand thinking the car does it all with it's leveling. My car as expected still does the level check when first turning them on(down then up), and then still falls slowly for about 5 seconds, however now not as far. I had my car 5 feet from the garage wall and marked where the light came to a rest. Then R&R'd the headlight assemblies so that I could adjust them, moved them to the highest setting we well as adjusted the side to side adjuster to make the light shine a little more to the outside of the car. Put it all back in and compared where the light now came to a rest- about 5 inches higher! Took it out for a test once dark and its as close to perfect as I can hope. I can see very well in front of me while not having the light too high to blind oncoming traffic(had the wife help me make that determination), and the brights are fantastic.

Much more confident driving around deer country where I'm at now! Thanks for all the help!

Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Not the entire wire harness, the main harness already runs the length of the car, so you just need the parts and the parts that plug into the parts you don't have.
    Digger- That's actually what I meant, not the main car wire harness but rather the wiring for the leveling system and the sensors. With my last post responding to Frank I don't think I'll need to go through the trouble now. I now only have to live with the SID coming on when engaging high beams with 'front light failure'. But I know they're all working up front now. I don't use brights enough to see that message all that often anyway.

Otherwise when I get bored someday I might spend some time at the yard pulling the wiring just for a rainy day project. Would be fun to have it all in as if original to the car. Then again I have them working now to the point where I'll never need to worry about a sensor failing or anything.. So I'd potentially be creating more headaches by installing all the wiring for leveling when the only benefit I think I would gain is the SID not giving me the failure message when on high beams. Still fun to have a challenge so back burner that idea goes.

Thanks for all the help- Cheers!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    That's good news! Not a factory solution but who cares when it works and you can see at night again.

Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Yes! And if you ask me, no one would even be able to tell now that it's technically not factory.. Until of course they would put on high beams, get the front light failure message, and go digging for the reason for the message when all lights seem to work just fine... But who's going to do that!

Like you said- I'm just glad to be able to see at night now!! Thanks again! Until next time my friend....

Saab(s)
    saab 9-3 vector 2005 2.0t
    Hi guys I need help!!!!!
    i have a saab vector convertible 2005. my lights keep going off while driving.... no interior, indicator,hazards,, beam nothing only the sat nav screen stays on. if i stop and take the key the lights back on but at times all back on but not the indicators or main or sometimes all stay on so i might start to drive and they go off again after a few minutes. that happened every now and then in the pass but now is all the time...so could it be a fuse? relay? please help!!!!

Andy
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc 2.3T
    Fernando- Sorry to hear about your electrical issues. May I suggest you go to the 9-3 workshop and post your issue there. There you will find the 9-3 experts to help you, and possibly even someone who has had the same issues and could have a solution for you. This thread you've found is in the 9-5 workshop. I just want you to get the help you need. Good luck brother!