Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3

Turbo kicking in?

I had the limp mode problem with my 2009 Saab 9-3 2.0T and I bought a used Throttle body from a 2007 Saab 9-3 and that fixed the problem, however, I feel like the Turbo isn't kicking in anymore.

On 3rd gear, I would feel the car pulling itself pretty well but now, I don't get that feeling.

how can I confirm that everything is working as it should be?

thanks

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Assuming you replaced throttle body gasket with new at time of replacement, pull the plastic engine cover and check the vacuum hoses for good snug leak free connections.

Resetting codes with replacement isn't enough to re-conform the throttle body to the ECU, try pulling small fuse #2 in the under hood electrical center to reset the ECU and then turn the key to on and let it sit for at least 10 seconds before attempting to start engine. When you do this it wouldn't hurt to pull the air intake hose and watch the throttle body action for full open and close. Then give the car a test drive.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Assuming you replaced throttle body gasket with new at time of replacement, pull the plastic engine cover and check the vacuum hoses for good snug leak free connections.

Resetting codes with replacement isn't enough to re-conform the throttle body to the ECU, try pulling small fuse #2 in the under hood electrical center to reset the ECU and then turn the key to on and let it sit for at least 10 seconds before attempting to start engine. When you do this it wouldn't hurt to pull the air intake hose and watch the throttle body action for full open and close. Then give the car a test drive.
    Thanks for the reply but I did not put in a new gasket when I changed the throttle body. I used the old one cause it looked good to me. I also did the f2 use and the code went away but I did not turn the key to on and let it sit for 10 seconds.

someone else mentioned this

I've had bypass valve diaphragm dead on both my B207. Was holding vacuum, wasn't holding pressure. No codes, but feels like you've lost about 30 hp. Worth checking.
    what is your take on this?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    My take; it's a possibility well worth checking first and if that's not the problem starting looking up front for a pinched hose where you had everything apart and work your way back.