Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)

Problem of engine?

Hello!I,m new on this forum and recently i buyed a Saab 95 2.0T from 1998.The car is great and after 10.000 miles i already changed the gasolin pump but my concern is that few days ago, when i reduce for second or first gear the car have tendencies to die.Could be the lambda sensor or the only way is the to make a diagnosis?

Filipe

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    From what you describe, or the way Portuguese to English translated your problem, the O2 sensor is probably working as it should. The fastest easiest way to find out would be to plug into the diagnostic port, but not always a readily available option.

Several things change drastically when you downshift, you raise your foot from the gas peddle decreasing fuel to the engine, this also changes airflow and vacuum. Next you change engine RPM's dramatically when you let out the clutch in the lower gear, again changing airflow and vacuum.
    Does your engine idle smoothly?
    Does your car die when you slowly let your foot off the gas when downshifting?
    Does your car die when you quickly raise engine RPM's when downshifting?
    Does your car die if you quickly let your foot off the gas when accelerating?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    If i step the clutch to the floor and i reduce for 2 or 3 gear the car die.Even today i did a experience today whit no any gears, just death point and when i try to acelerate its like the car choke and almost die.I dont know if i,m clear suficient.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    For this you should have a check engine light and I'm thinking throttle body or vacuum problem, but I don't know which engine you have.

Does your car have a distributor with wires running to the spark plugs?
    Is the check engine light on?
    Does the check engine light work when you turn the key to the on position?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Good evening!Today the light of check engine turn on and after some kilometers the car stopped totally.I,m suspicious that if is something wrong about engine because could be the sludge oil, i get information's about this engine that don't have the kit(pcv) and its necessary to prevent this situation.Tomorrow i will go to mechanic and i will leave after a commentary.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)

Problem resolved!

Good evening!Finally the problem was resolved.After doing a diagnosis and check all the sensors the problem was a pipe of gasolin that come off during my travel.Since the gasoline pump was a little different the pipe didn't supported the pressure.Thanks to all