Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-3 saab
    Good thinks I added some oil treatment and oil light is gone never come back.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Engin021 View Post
    I changed the pulley and harmonic balancer both and I changed idley pulley I have tired to small serpentine belt to ac bypass but still making same noise then I will change this time belt tensioner(
    Son; you're the one who can see and touch the car and these are look, touch and feel physical parts. You're the one who gets to determine if the part you can put your hands on, or the part it's connected to is bad.

If the tensioner is so weak that you can easily release the belt with a short wrench, the spring is bad and you replace the tensioner. If the tensioner hangs and you feel any kind of binding in full travel of the tensioner you replace the tensioner, if a tensioner pulley rattles or wobbles you replace the pulley because it's the part that has the bearing that mounts to the solid shaft If a water pump pulley wiggles side to side or moves in and out you replace the water pump because shaft bearings wear out and if you don't bend or break the pulley while replacing the pump, you reuse the pulley.

You have a brand new balancer on the engine, only you know what the part you replaced looked and felt like. Get the belt out of the way, grab hold of that thing and if you can move it in any direction with your bare hands, you have a problem that a new tensioner isn't going to fix.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-3 saab
    I bought balancer on eBay to second hand it's looks and feel it good brand is Saab then I replaced Tensioner spring is very hard to move to get out belt but tensioner pulley is little bit moving in and out but just a little now I am waiting to new dayco tensioner and I will see thank you again if you wanna watch video then maybe you get some idea https://youtu.be/VXTOhSATs34

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    I watched the video and fingertip pressure is not enough push and pull to find the cause of the kind of noise you are looking for. A tight belt exerts considerable side pressure "pull" on shaft bearings. You need to grab, push and turn. When you get all the way down to the bottom shaft grab that with both hands then shake, push and turn like you are fighting a wild animal.

Crankshaft has bearings from end to end and it gets pounded every time a cylinder fires. Pull shake and turn on that like you are fighting with an attacking wild animal. Don't know what kind of additive you put in the oil to raise the pressure, but if you can rattle the crank by hand, it's to late to save it.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-3 saab
    Hello again do you think it's noise could be Timing Chain Tensioner?? I replaced belt tensioner and then noise is half gone but still has noise or I should buy a new Saab brand harmonic balancer thank you again

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    A new "Saab" harmonic balancer is pricy and for what they cost you can get an experienced mechanics opinion. If you don't need one you save money. Don't need to be a certified factory trained mechanic to spot a bad balancer, but you do need to know what a good one looks and feels like.

Good stereo speakers accurately reproduce sounds from 20 to 20,000 hrz, Cell phone mics are made to work best in voice range, 300 to 3,000 hrz. Yes your noise could be caused by a bad chain tensioner, but I can't tell from here.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-3 saab
    I asked chain tensioner because you know car is not making noise without belt is it possible or not? Whatever I diceded to drive like that because I don't want to get sad after spend 200$ for a new balancer and problem is not fixed that's really will make me crazy

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Engin021 View Post
    I asked chain tensioner because you know car is not making noise without belt is it possible or not? Whatever I diceded to drive like that because I don't want to get sad after spend 200$ for a new balancer and problem is not fixed that's really will make me crazy
    Yes your noise could be caused by bad chain tension and tensioners are not to expensive or difficult to replace.