Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 2.0t

Washer pump works but doesn't spray on the windshield

hey folks,

I am new to cars and definitely new to Saabs. I've got a 2003 9-3 and it runs great. I live in Vancouver, BC and windshield wipers and washer fluid is essential for the drive. Thankfully it hasn't been raining since I got the car so I haven't had to use it. It rained today while I was driving and as it stopped i thought to give it a quick swipe with the fluid. when I pulled the switch towards me no washer fluid came on the windshield, instead some sprayed out the front of the hood. I tried working it after i got home and parked the car. I pulled the switch and the same thing happened. I checked and the hoses are connected to the nozzles. has this happened to anyone? what could be the issue?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    You're not the first and this will give you some idea what to look for, http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...ght=windshield
    New to Saab you will want to go to the Tech Talk section first sticky and download a copy of the WIS, it has almost detailed instructions on how to get these things in and out of the hood. I was going to add pictures to this thread to make life easier for the next guy, but with a black plastic part in front of my black engine hood, the mounting hole photographed as a black background shadow and showed nothing useful so you will need to read the WIS instructions for replacement and aiming.

Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 2.0t
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    You're not the first and this will give you some idea what to look for, http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...ght=windshield
    New to Saab you will want to go to the Tech Talk section first sticky and download a copy of the WIS, it has almost detailed instructions on how to get these things in and out of the hood. I was going to add pictures to this thread to make life easier for the next guy, but with a black plastic part in front of my black engine hood, the mounting hole photographed as a black background shadow and showed nothing useful so you will need to read the WIS instructions for replacement and aiming.
    Hi Digger,

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to know there is help around! I see that the WIS works only on windows, so ill try to find a PC on which I can download the program. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 B207E
    You could try using a pin to clean and then adjust the washer jets to the direction of your windscreen.