Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Arc

Question Front Suspension

My front springs are broken so I removed the shock assembly. The spring could easily move or unwind from the shock. I'm not really sure if the shock is bad but thought it could be replaced also as the parts are original. Any recommendations on what to buy for replacements would be great. I looked at the Spring/Strut Assembly on eEuroparts but wanted to know what anyone else recommended to keep the ride quality the same as original. Thanks for the help.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc View Post
    My front springs are broken so I removed the shock assembly. The spring could easily move or unwind from the shock. I'm not really sure if the shock is bad but thought it could be replaced also as the parts are original. Any recommendations on what to buy for replacements would be great. I looked at the Spring/Strut Assembly on eEuroparts but wanted to know what anyone else recommended to keep the ride quality the same as original. Thanks for the help.
    https://www.1aauto.com/saab-9-3-shoc...ts/mo-c/913-64 Never driven a brand new Saab so I can't say exactly the same ride as original, but these do get the job done.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Arc
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    https://www.1aauto.com/saab-9-3-shoc...ts/mo-c/913-64 Never driven a brand new Saab so I can't say exactly the same ride as original, but these do get the job done.
    How long have you had them on? Those are significantly cheaper than eEuroparts assembly, does any one know why?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc View Post
    How long have you had them on? Those are significantly cheaper than eEuroparts assembly, does any one know why?
    Why do these cost less, the exact same GM parts cost more with a Saab part number than they do with a Chevy part numbers and Chevy aftermarket parts cost less than genuine GM. Our 9-3's share a lot of front end parts with the Cobalt SS and our plastic valeo air box motors don't cost nearly as much when you buy them with the Hyundai part number. Also not all struts are created equal and even when they are equal, big name struts and strut bearings cost more.

Long as in time and miles are two different things and both important. In the summer I drive my half breed TC Maserati and my sportcombi Saab only leaves the garage for rain and shopping. Owned my Saab less than a year and a half and driven less than 8,000 miles. Didn't need struts, but my 10 year old spring sagged so bad I couldn't adjust my headlights.