Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   0

Sunroof Fuse (in a SportCombi)?

Last week I bought my first Saab, a really nice 2006 9-3 SC 6-MT. Previous owner told me it had a few minor issues, one of which was that the sunroof did not work. He could not remember how, why, or when it stopped working, but now nothing happens when you work the control switch. I didn't care that much, as long as it seals (which, thankfully, it does).

I now want to get it working, so I set out to troubleshoot. I tried the switch again. Nothing. I checked the owner's manual for the fuse diagram, which shows the sunroof fuse to be a 15A fuse at location 18 in the *trunk*. I looked, and there was no fuse in that slot. I got the spare 15A, put it in, and patted myself on the back for such a simple and quick fix...

I turned the key and tried the control switch. Nothing. I double checked that the fuse was good. It is.

I looked at the diagram again, and noticed that it (the diagram) is labeled as being for the Sport Sedan. There is a different rear fuse layout for the Convertible, but I don't see one for the wagon.

I looked more closely at my fuse panel and the SS layout in the manual, and I see differences in both the overall layout of the fuse panel assembly, and fuse presence/rating at several locations (see pics if interested).

I've looked online for a wagon-specific "trunk" diagram, but I've not found anything yet. I'm hoping that one of you can either 1) provide that diagram or tell me where to find it online, or 2) tell me that it does not matter and explain the differences in where I have fuses in comparison to the SS diagram.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi
    This might be helpful...
    Name:  20180619_111914-min.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  64.0 KB

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi
    So I'm assuming that the lack of reply suggests that I should have assumed that the SC and the SS have the same trunk fuse layout.

Anyone have suggestions on where to start trying to diagnose my problem (nothing happens when I try to open sunroof... No sound suggests no power)?

Thanks!

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   127
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMD2B View Post
    So I'm assuming that the lack of reply suggests that I should have assumed that the SC and the SS have the same trunk fuse layout.

Anyone have suggestions on where to start trying to diagnose my problem (nothing happens when I try to open sunroof... No sound suggests no power)?

Thanks!
    No sound doesn't always mean no power and I suggest that you go to the first sticky in the tech talk section and get yourself a copy of the WIS as you will need that, a volt ohm meter and a good understanding of electrical diagrams. The fuse supplies power, the overhead counsel switch requests the roof operation, position sensors switches tell the body control module what position the roof is in so it can determine which operation to perform and any one of these could be the problem. Sometimes very easy, sometimes hair pulling hard and usually somewhere in the middle.

1 Not allowed!

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Thumbs Up:   21
    I suppose you could try to put a fuse in all the empty slots but I doubt that would fix the problem. If you try this, make sure you restore the fuses to the state it was in before this trial method.

If you get a WIS, make sure it was the Sport Combi. I used to have an older version of the WIS that was about a year before the SC came out.

0 Not allowed!