Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-5 9-3

SID mulfunction

Hello everyone im new here. I own a 9-5 and recently bought a 2003 saab 9-3 that is rare in my country.
    because saabs are where i live there is allmost no one that service them.
    Anyways I bought the car and she runs graet but i noticed a problem with the SID. it works but the display is all over the place, and i have no menus at all. if I hit the costumize button on the SIDC or the settings button on the ICM I get a blank screen on the the SID. so i cant even adjust the clock. I tride to replace the SID, and it stayd the same. i would appriciate any help. I added a picture of the display.

in addition ive searched all the forums and didnt fine anyone with the same problem.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  73.6 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    That's a strange problem, haven't seen that before.

Perhaps a reboot of all electronics will help. Disconnect the battery cable and let it sit for 20 minutes. Connect the cable again and see what happens. It's a long shot but easy to do.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Shalom Zvi,
    I spent many hours investigating the SID in an effort to remove radio station information from the dash display and the radio control could be the cause of this display problem. If resetting the entire system by pulling the battery cable doesn't correct the display, turn the radio off and use control panel button to select night panel and if this function doesn't work check cable connection to control panel. If it does work select customize and check display operation by selecting different languages and look to see if one or all selections give same confused display.

Cable connections, SID control panned and display can be repaired and replaced without use of Tech 2, best to download a copy of the WIS for testing procedures. Reprogramming and or replacing radio control requires security access and Tech 2, best to follow as much of the WIS trouble isolation and resolution procedure as possible with simple test tools before seeking that assistance.

Saab(s)
    9-5 9-3
    Hello every one, quick update. I tride disconnecting the battery, didbt work. I tride removing fuse 14, allso nothing. The night panel option works, but i cant select costumize because i get a blanck screen on the SID. i found here a guy with an used SIDC an ICM
    so im going to pick them up tomorow and see if somthing happens.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvi leshetz View Post
    Hello every one, quick update. I tride disconnecting the battery, didbt work. I tride removing fuse 14, allso nothing. The night panel option works, but i cant select costumize because i get a blanck screen on the SID. i found here a guy with an used SIDC an ICM
    so im going to pick them up tomorow and see if somthing happens.
    The ICM needs to be programed / married to the car, if it hasn't been divorced from the donor vehicle get the VIN number of the car it came out of. Without proper removal or VIN, you will know by display if it was the problem, but the part won't be of any real help.