Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    01 Aug 2017
    Location
    Stoughton, MA
    Posts
    7
    Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0t
    Thumbs Up:   0

    Something electrical........rear fog light, license plate light and door locks.

    Always something electrical going on with this car and this is a new one. The warning light came on for a license plate light failure and a rear fog light failure. I never even knew that a rear fog light had existed. After buying two new plate bulbs and it still didnít work I decided to test the fuse and bulbs and they were fine! Any idea on what to do?

    Lastly, the front door locks donít always go up or down when signaled by the remote. I would have to manually lock or unlock the door. Ideas?

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Saab Owner Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Oct 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota
    Posts
    818
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   130
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfgrass View Post
    Always something electrical going on with this car and this is a new one. The warning light came on for a license plate light failure and a rear fog light failure. I never even knew that a rear fog light had existed. After buying two new plate bulbs and it still didn’t work I decided to test the fuse and bulbs and they were fine! Any idea on what to do?

    Lastly, the front door locks don’t always go up or down when signaled by the remote. I would have to manually lock or unlock the door. Ideas?
    For everything pull battery neg cable to reset entire system. Check your cable for rear lights from socket plug connect to rear electrical center. For door locks if you are programed to unlock all doors with one button push look to the body or door modules first, if you are programed for two button push to unlock all doors look to the remote battery first.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    01 Aug 2017
    Location
    Stoughton, MA
    Posts
    7
    Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0t
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    For everything pull battery neg cable to reset entire system. Check your cable for rear lights from socket plug connect to rear electrical center. For door locks if you are programed to unlock all doors with one button push look to the body or door modules first, if you are programed for two button push to unlock all doors look to the remote battery first.
    Hello. The first thing I did was to remove the battery neg cable to do a reset. No change. According to the manual the rear fog light is the upper red bulb (left of trunk) and that light works despite the dash alert. Also I test the fuse (30 amp) and that is fine. I next did a continuity test from the fuse panel (electrical center) to the tab holder of the license plate bulbs and that didn't work. Maybe something is wrong with the wire from the fuse panel to bulb holder. The car was off when testing.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Saab Owner Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Oct 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota
    Posts
    818
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   130
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfgrass View Post
    Hello. The first thing I did was to remove the battery neg cable to do a reset. No change. According to the manual the rear fog light is the upper red bulb (left of trunk) and that light works despite the dash alert. Also I test the fuse (30 amp) and that is fine. I next did a continuity test from the fuse panel (electrical center) to the tab holder of the license plate bulbs and that didn't work. Maybe something is wrong with the wire from the fuse panel to bulb holder. The car was off when testing.
    Sounds like rear electrical center, disconnect battery, reseat all plug connects and cross your fingers for luck.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    01 Aug 2017
    Location
    Stoughton, MA
    Posts
    7
    Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0t
    Thumbs Up:   0
    And the issue with the doors....I was sitting in the drivers seat and push the door’s lock/unlock had varying results. Sometimes it open the passenger and sometimes not. Today the drivers door didn’t unlock with the door button, so I had to pull up on the lock tab. The rear doors always seem to work fine, whether it be remote or the button on the door.

    The remote is programmed to open all the doors with two pushes.

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Saab Owner Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Oct 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota
    Posts
    818
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   130
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfgrass View Post
    And the issue with the doors....I was sitting in the drivers seat and push the door’s lock/unlock had varying results. Sometimes it open the passenger and sometimes not. Today the drivers door didn’t unlock with the door button, so I had to pull up on the lock tab. The rear doors always seem to work fine, whether it be remote or the button on the door.

    The remote is programmed to open all the doors with two pushes.
    Real good chance you will be pulling trim panels, but you can always try soaking the door latch mechanism with WD40 and hope for the best.

    0 Not allowed!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replacing the 2011 9-3 Estate Number Plate Light
    By magnus in forum Saab 9-3 (2003-2014)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10 April 2018, 15:16
  2. Door locks
    By chuck35lopez in forum Saab 9-3 (2003-2014)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17 November 2017, 22:07
  3. How do I install license plate pracket
    By Mike Brennan in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26 October 2014, 12:22
  4. Weird Tailight, Reverse Light, Rear Fog Light issue
    By Soar07 in forum Saab 9-3 (2003-2014)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09 January 2012, 21:04
  5. TOC light, Brake light, Anti-lock brake light, red triangle light on?
    By speccomser in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25 October 2011, 01:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.