Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0t

Something electrical........rear fog light, license plate light and door locks.

Always something electrical going on with this car and this is a new one. The warning light came on for a license plate light failure and a rear fog light failure. I never even knew that a rear fog light had existed. After buying two new plate bulbs and it still didn’t work I decided to test the fuse and bulbs and they were fine! Any idea on what to do?

Lastly, the front door locks don’t always go up or down when signaled by the remote. I would have to manually lock or unlock the door. Ideas?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfgrass View Post
    Always something electrical going on with this car and this is a new one. The warning light came on for a license plate light failure and a rear fog light failure. I never even knew that a rear fog light had existed. After buying two new plate bulbs and it still didn’t work I decided to test the fuse and bulbs and they were fine! Any idea on what to do?

Lastly, the front door locks don’t always go up or down when signaled by the remote. I would have to manually lock or unlock the door. Ideas?
    For everything pull battery neg cable to reset entire system. Check your cable for rear lights from socket plug connect to rear electrical center. For door locks if you are programed to unlock all doors with one button push look to the body or door modules first, if you are programed for two button push to unlock all doors look to the remote battery first.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0t
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    For everything pull battery neg cable to reset entire system. Check your cable for rear lights from socket plug connect to rear electrical center. For door locks if you are programed to unlock all doors with one button push look to the body or door modules first, if you are programed for two button push to unlock all doors look to the remote battery first.
    Hello. The first thing I did was to remove the battery neg cable to do a reset. No change. According to the manual the rear fog light is the upper red bulb (left of trunk) and that light works despite the dash alert. Also I test the fuse (30 amp) and that is fine. I next did a continuity test from the fuse panel (electrical center) to the tab holder of the license plate bulbs and that didn't work. Maybe something is wrong with the wire from the fuse panel to bulb holder. The car was off when testing.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Hello. The first thing I did was to remove the battery neg cable to do a reset. No change. According to the manual the rear fog light is the upper red bulb (left of trunk) and that light works despite the dash alert. Also I test the fuse (30 amp) and that is fine. I next did a continuity test from the fuse panel (electrical center) to the tab holder of the license plate bulbs and that didn't work. Maybe something is wrong with the wire from the fuse panel to bulb holder. The car was off when testing.
    Sounds like rear electrical center, disconnect battery, reseat all plug connects and cross your fingers for luck.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3 2.0t
    And the issue with the doors....I was sitting in the drivers seat and push the door’s lock/unlock had varying results. Sometimes it open the passenger and sometimes not. Today the drivers door didn’t unlock with the door button, so I had to pull up on the lock tab. The rear doors always seem to work fine, whether it be remote or the button on the door.

The remote is programmed to open all the doors with two pushes.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    And the issue with the doors....I was sitting in the drivers seat and push the door’s lock/unlock had varying results. Sometimes it open the passenger and sometimes not. Today the drivers door didn’t unlock with the door button, so I had to pull up on the lock tab. The rear doors always seem to work fine, whether it be remote or the button on the door.

The remote is programmed to open all the doors with two pushes.
    Real good chance you will be pulling trim panels, but you can always try soaking the door latch mechanism with WD40 and hope for the best.