Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 2.0t

Single large headlight F connector?

Hello,
    I have reached the end of my rope on left driver low beam failure/left driver turn signal failure and I hope someone can help. I have the 2008 93 2.0t and have tried several things. I replaced bulbs, replaced complete headlight assembly, check fuses and there is no orange R14 to try and fix.

Someone on another old post said the connector to the headlight assembly could have bad or corroded pins. I can't find the name of this large F connector that plugs into the headlights. I would buy another one and splice wires, but don't know what it is called.

Any help would be appreciated. I just bought the car for my daughter and thought it was a simple fix.

Thanks,
    Tim

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Hello,
    I have reached the end of my rope on left driver low beam failure/left driver turn signal failure and I hope someone can help. I have the 2008 93 2.0t and have tried several things. I replaced bulbs, replaced complete headlight assembly, check fuses and there is no orange R14 to try and fix.

Someone on another old post said the connector to the headlight assembly could have bad or corroded pins. I can't find the name of this large F connector that plugs into the headlights. I would buy another one and splice wires, but don't know what it is called.

Any help would be appreciated. I just bought the car for my daughter and thought it was a simple fix.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Crazy and almost as stupid as it sounds, all the lights are computer controlled and your problem might be in the UEC / AKA the big fuse box under the hood, also where the big plug is.
    It is a simple fix and then again nothing is simple if you don't have the tools to do the job. Go to the first sticky in the tech talk section and find the WIS for windows 10 and download it.
    Getting the WIS downloaded is easy, learning to use it is like playing a new video game and you learn to find what you are looking for by trial and error. After you poke around inside the WIS for a for a bit it starts to make sense and when you find the troubleshooting section it gives you pictures, locations and will walk you through every step needed to find and fix this problem.

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 2.0t
    Thanks, I will give that a shot. I really appreciate the response.