Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 5 door

Please help un-confuse me

Trying to sort out the final bugs from my engine rebuild. I'm seeing codes for low MAP and low Charge Air Pressure readings. Scanner confirms both are reading 0.

So... I can't find a charge air pressure sensor. The MAP sensor is on the intake manifold, next to the oil filler. It apparently succumbed to my overzealous cleaning, I can see the rubber membrane has failed. New MAP sensor ordered.

I have a sensor on the bench that looks like this:

Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  47.4 KB

What I don't have is anywhere to put it. I assumed it was from my parts car, which is a MY 2000. The car I've repaired is a MY 2001 (B235E if it matters).

There's a sensor in the intake air pipe next to the BOV, but that's an air temp sensor as far as I can tell. WIS and parts fiche not helping.

Did I leave off a sensor? Seems unlikely, I smoke tested the full intake from the turbo to the intake manifold today. Or is the CAP sensor different for MY 2001 cars?

EDIT: A good point to note is these codes are new. Before the rebuild there were different codes (it had a badly burned valve).

Also, the car will not start unless I shoot some carb cleaner in the intake. Once it has that, it starts and idles, and runs as well as it can in limp mode.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 5 door
    Wait... is THIS really the "Charge Air Absolute Pressure Sensor?" On the fuel tank?

https://www.jimellissaabparts.com/pr...6/4727186.html