Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Join Date
    11 Dec 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    3
    Saab(s)
    2008 - 93 convertible
    Thumbs Up:   0

    power seats

    Hi everyone from Sunny Queensland Australia. Been a Saab owner a few time over and just purchased another one 2008 - 93 Convertible Linear Sport. Have a small problem with drivers front seat, the power buttons all work fine and seat moves as it should apart from the one on the top to move the seat forward to let people in the back. When I lift the lever I can hear the relay click but no movement. I think it did move a couple of times when I purchased it so seems it might be intermittent. Any ideas please. Thanks in advance.

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Saab Owner Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Oct 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota
    Posts
    922
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   137
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob778 View Post
    Hi everyone from Sunny Queensland Australia. Been a Saab owner a few time over and just purchased another one 2008 - 93 Convertible Linear Sport. Have a small problem with drivers front seat, the power buttons all work fine and seat moves as it should apart from the one on the top to move the seat forward to let people in the back. When I lift the lever I can hear the relay click but no movement. I think it did move a couple of times when I purchased it so seems it might be intermittent. Any ideas please. Thanks in advance.
    Power seats are power seats and these things happen on all makes of cars and they usually fix the same way. Sounds like poor / dirty contact and if its a lack of use slimy connection flip the lever to trip the relay a dozen or two times to clean up the contacts. If you're lucky this gets the seat working, if not you get to pull the seat to get at the part.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    11 Dec 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    3
    Saab(s)
    2008 - 93 convertible
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Power seats are power seats and these things happen on all makes of cars and they usually fix the same way. Sounds like poor / dirty contact and if its a lack of use slimy connection flip the lever to trip the relay a dozen or two times to clean up the contacts. If you're lucky this gets the seat working, if not you get to pull the seat to get at the part.

    Thanks I thought as much but wasnít sure as assumed the relay was ok as all other levers work but this one maybe uses different contacts. Will give your suggestion a go and if not change the relay. Donít suppose anyone has the part number as every time I search it brings up the seat heater relay.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Saab Owner Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Oct 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota
    Posts
    922
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   137
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob778 View Post
    Thanks I thought as much but wasn’t sure as assumed the relay was ok as all other levers work but this one maybe uses different contacts. Will give your suggestion a go and if not change the relay. Don’t suppose anyone has the part number as every time I search it brings up the seat heater relay.
    Haven't a clue as to what the relay looks like, and who knows, could be the same relay as used by the seat heater. Never done a Saab convertible seat, for other GM seats squirting contact cleaner into the relay case has always been enough to get the car sold and not have it come back with a warranty problem.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    11 Dec 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    3
    Saab(s)
    2008 - 93 convertible
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Haven't a clue as to what the relay looks like, and who knows, could be the same relay as used by the seat heater. Never done a Saab convertible seat, for other GM seats squirting contact cleaner into the relay case has always been enough to get the car sold and not have it come back with a warranty problem.
    Thanks

    0 Not allowed!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ventilated front seats
    By greenie 00 9 5 kombi in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15 July 2017, 18:05
  2. Heated seats
    By riley.jones in forum Saab 9-3 (2003-2014)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12 November 2015, 03:47
  3. Your opinion on the seats?
    By packardv8 in forum Saab 9-4X (2011-2012)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27 October 2014, 22:47
  4. Power Seats issues
    By josemateos in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22 October 2013, 23:28
  5. 99 Seats swop
    By mechnowhiz in forum Saab 99, 90 (1967-1987)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20 May 2012, 19:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.