Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2008 - 93 convertible

power seats

Hi everyone from Sunny Queensland Australia. Been a Saab owner a few time over and just purchased another one 2008 - 93 Convertible Linear Sport. Have a small problem with drivers front seat, the power buttons all work fine and seat moves as it should apart from the one on the top to move the seat forward to let people in the back. When I lift the lever I can hear the relay click but no movement. I think it did move a couple of times when I purchased it so seems it might be intermittent. Any ideas please. Thanks in advance.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob778 View Post
    Hi everyone from Sunny Queensland Australia. Been a Saab owner a few time over and just purchased another one 2008 - 93 Convertible Linear Sport. Have a small problem with drivers front seat, the power buttons all work fine and seat moves as it should apart from the one on the top to move the seat forward to let people in the back. When I lift the lever I can hear the relay click but no movement. I think it did move a couple of times when I purchased it so seems it might be intermittent. Any ideas please. Thanks in advance.
    Power seats are power seats and these things happen on all makes of cars and they usually fix the same way. Sounds like poor / dirty contact and if its a lack of use slimy connection flip the lever to trip the relay a dozen or two times to clean up the contacts. If you're lucky this gets the seat working, if not you get to pull the seat to get at the part.

Saab(s)
    2008 - 93 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Power seats are power seats and these things happen on all makes of cars and they usually fix the same way. Sounds like poor / dirty contact and if its a lack of use slimy connection flip the lever to trip the relay a dozen or two times to clean up the contacts. If you're lucky this gets the seat working, if not you get to pull the seat to get at the part.

Thanks I thought as much but wasn’t sure as assumed the relay was ok as all other levers work but this one maybe uses different contacts. Will give your suggestion a go and if not change the relay. Don’t suppose anyone has the part number as every time I search it brings up the seat heater relay.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob778 View Post
    Thanks I thought as much but wasn’t sure as assumed the relay was ok as all other levers work but this one maybe uses different contacts. Will give your suggestion a go and if not change the relay. Don’t suppose anyone has the part number as every time I search it brings up the seat heater relay.
    Haven't a clue as to what the relay looks like, and who knows, could be the same relay as used by the seat heater. Never done a Saab convertible seat, for other GM seats squirting contact cleaner into the relay case has always been enough to get the car sold and not have it come back with a warranty problem.

Saab(s)
    2008 - 93 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Haven't a clue as to what the relay looks like, and who knows, could be the same relay as used by the seat heater. Never done a Saab convertible seat, for other GM seats squirting contact cleaner into the relay case has always been enough to get the car sold and not have it come back with a warranty problem.
    Thanks