Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 convertible 2.0T
    Thumbs Up:   0

Fuel problem

Good evening from Austin,

I need your help to diagnose 2 issues I have on my 2007 9-3 2.0 T 96Kmiles :

#1 : happening randomly but more and more frequently now. A lot of smoke (white /light grey) at the tailpipe and misfiring issue. The engine is not running well. The only code I read from my basic scanner are P0245 and P0201. I removed the spark plugs (changed recently) and they all show carbon fouling. A month ago I did a compression test showing good results (200, 210, 210, 200) and spark plug were not showing this amount of carbon fouling. This means engine running too rich. I ve checked the air filter OK. What else should I check ?

#2 : oil leak near turbo. I notice burnt oil smell and smoke in the turbo area. I look underneath the car and notice presence of oil in the turbo area near the attachment between the exhaust manifold and the turbo. I don t know where it s coming from. Knowing that the vacuum pump seal is at risk to spill oil on the exhaust I looked at this part and it seems it is not coming from it. Any recommendation

Thanks for your potential advices

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    9.3 MY'08 1.9 TiD 88kW
    Check if the turbo spin has some abnormal shakes and if rotates fine..... Ah, som oil leaks from turbo is normal but quantity means......

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    1987 900 Turbo, 2006 9-3 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by GP74 View Post
    Good evening from Austin,

I need your help to diagnose 2 issues I have on my 2007 9-3 2.0 T 96Kmiles :

#1 : happening randomly but more and more frequently now. A lot of smoke (white /light grey) at the tailpipe and misfiring issue. The engine is not running well. The only code I read from my basic scanner are P0245 and P0201. I removed the spark plugs (changed recently) and they all show carbon fouling. A month ago I did a compression test showing good results (200, 210, 210, 200) and spark plug were not showing this amount of carbon fouling. This means engine running too rich. I ve checked the air filter OK. What else should I check ?

#2 : oil leak near turbo. I notice burnt oil smell and smoke in the turbo area. I look underneath the car and notice presence of oil in the turbo area near the attachment between the exhaust manifold and the turbo. I don t know where it s coming from. Knowing that the vacuum pump seal is at risk to spill oil on the exhaust I looked at this part and it seems it is not coming from it. Any recommendation

Thanks for your potential advices
    Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm having the exact same problem (except with codes P0245 & P0300), with heavy carbon fouling on the plugs and a leak around the exhaust manifold. If you still check this forum, I'd love to know what ever came of your issue. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 convertible 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by lautream View Post
    Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm having the exact same problem (except with codes P0245 & P0300), with heavy carbon fouling on the plugs and a leak around the exhaust manifold. If you still check this forum, I'd love to know what ever came of your issue. Thanks.
    It's been a longtime and I'm still working on it. Since I had more and more white smoke, I did an inspection of the cylinder through the plug hole and notice cylinder 1 was cleaner than other that were fouled with carbon. I was then suspected a head gasket. I have started the job to remove the head cylinder tested it and almost all intake valves were leaking. I sent the head cylinder for cleaning, surfacing and replacement of intake valves. I have just finished to rebuild everything ( I also take this opportunity to change a lot of gaskets and also have the injectors tested and cleaned).
    I have restarted the engine and the coolant leak problem is solved but still the engine is not running as it has an issue with the throttle body and will need the Tech2 scanner to further investigate.
    Apparently 93s have often problems with valves

0 Not allowed!