Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3

2005-9-3- No Heat Issue

Good Afternoon-

My heat stopped working about 3 weeks ago just out of the blue. The day it happened it was super windy out. I have been looking at this site and others to find out my issues.

Since then I have changed out my thermostat, taken out the blower motor and reinstalled, looked at fuses, check both lines going thru the firewall(both hot)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Saab Enthusiast lowrider_rt2000's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-3
    Does the blower motor blow any air?

Sent from my 9-3

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3
    Blower is blowing in air- all cold

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Sounds like air box control motor issue. These things do break and now you get to crawl under the dash and see what works when you move the heater controls.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3
    Digger- I have the glovebox out and can see all around in that area. When I change the fan location to Defrost, feet, upper,etc...those all seem to work fine. Fan control works 1 thru 4 fine, if I turn the climate control left to cold or right to hot..i get nothing.. where might that air box control motor be located? Do I need to remove the radio to see this?

Thanks in advance

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogo1020 View Post
    Digger- I have the glovebox out and can see all around in that area. When I change the fan location to Defrost, feet, upper,etc...those all seem to work fine. Fan control works 1 thru 4 fine, if I turn the climate control left to cold or right to hot..i get nothing.. where might that air box control motor be located? Do I need to remove the radio to see this?

Thanks in advance
    Shouldn't need to remove radio, but you might need to remove motor unit from air box and open the case to check for stripped gear. The motor that looks like this is the most likely cause of your problem. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VALEO-Heate...4383.l4275.c10

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3
    Digger-Thanks for the advice. I was honing into that area from some of the reading that I had been doing. i will look into this. Anywhere to purchase these that might be cheaper?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogo1020 View Post
    Digger-Thanks for the advice. I was honing into that area from some of the reading that I had been doing. i will look into this. Anywhere to purchase these that might be cheaper?
    If you need to buy one that's the best price today. There is a U-tube on how to get a few more years out of the controller if the big gear has a bad spot and a year or so ago I posted a pictorial on using a paperclip to replace missing gear teeth. The important thing is these Valeo's are used on many different cars and grabbing a few from the U-pull yards will give you internal gear parts for repairing what you can't fix or bypass.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3
    Digger- Thanks again for the assistance here. I removed the motor last night and was able to jiggle the arm loose so I didnt break it. Once I was able to do that, I can manually work the flapper door for the heat and cold. Thrilled to have the heat working again, and for the time being will just leave it open for the heat to come thru since its been in the teens the last week or so here. I did remove the cover to the motor and see that some of the teeth in one of the gears was busted off. Not sure if that pc can be replaced and if the motor still works for it? Will do some testing on it. i will post some photos soon of what it looks like and if I have fixed it.