Does anybody have experience with oil getting very quickly after fresh MobiL-1 0W40 synthetic getting dirty in almost 3000Km (2000miles) ????
The bottles state the recommended GM-LL-A-025 specfs. But how sure can we be about this ???
I tried already Castrol/ Valvoline/ Marly but they all go very quickly to darkish yellow ???
I drive spirited, so it can't be because of going to low in revs. I do a lot off highway. And run on autogas. Vialle LPi-system.
I only once noticed, when using the MarLy 5W30-40 it was the only real transparant synthetic oil, that remained clear until 5000Km.
All other oils start of rather yellow??? I thought synthetic oils are colourless. The Marly (last summer) was the only oil that didn't state to meet to
the famous GM-LL-A-025 specfs!
So I am wondering now: can it be that there are two kinds of MobiL-1 in the running?
In auto shops it costs the double from what I apy at Makro for a 5L bottle. Approx. 58,-euros.
At Auto-5 this same would cost me almost 89,-euros. And the discolouring goes even fast.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Otherwise I am thinking of a problem with my closed crank case breathing system?
I found on the WiS some drawings, and will probably start checking things & valves this weekend.

However, has someone yet experienced such fast oil darkening? With regular oil drains, and some years ago an oil flush,etc...

Regards, Harry.