Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5

Car won't start a week after oil change but oil seems fine. . .CPS?

2006 Saab 9-5, 86,000 miles

So.. on Monday my daughter got her oil changed and all seemed fine. She headed back to college on Thursday and called me when she arrived that she noticed the yellow engine light was on. Her drive back to college was 3 hours. I had her check the oil and it was fine (looked clean and was full via dipstick). She did an errand or two last night. . .seemed fine though it was "running rough". She called me this morning and said that the car wouldn't start and it looked like the check engine light was on. I had her turn it over with me listening on the phone and it doesn't sound like a battery/starter issue as the engine is turning over it just won't start. Also had her charge the battery to be sure.

What do you guys think is going on? Seems odd this happens after an oil change but then why does the oil level seem fine? Given that she is in college and I am here not much I can do personally to check it and there don't seem to be any/many Saab repair shops in College Station, TX.

BTW, this seems to match most of her symptoms - https://www.doityourself.com/stry/7-...ilure-symptoms
    Crankshaft position sensor.

Any thoughts?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Using an OBDII code reader will give you more information about the engine light. The oil change and this non-starting issue are most likely not related at all.

Any garage should be able to read the code or perhaps she can try to borrow one from an auto parts store. The latter is probably the easiest as the car is not running.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5
    Thanks. . .I have a friend with a tool who is able to head over tomorrow and read it.