Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 97x

2006 97x Power Reduction

Hello - My 97x started the "power reduction" process and with the engine light a couple of months ago. The errors included accelerator sensor and throttle body sensor issues. I put in a new accelerator and a new throttle body assembly. I cleared the errors and things were good for a couple of weeks. Today I experienced the power reduction issue again on the way to work. It seems as though I'm missing something. If anyone has had this same issue and might know what the fix is I would deeply appreciated any help. The motor is a 5.3 and a 2006 97x. Thanks - jimnickerson1952@gmail.com

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    it is not a trailblazer rebadged ? if you ask to GM workshop ?

Saab(s)
    2006 97x
    When I get parts, the Envoy 5.3 parts work for it. It very well could be a Trailblazer rebadged. It is marked GM on the windows. I'm not sure I understand the second part of your response. Thanks for the response!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnickerson View Post
    When I get parts, the Envoy 5.3 parts work for it. It very well could be a Trailblazer rebadged. It is marked GM on the windows. I'm not sure I understand the second part of your response. Thanks for the response!
    These parts physical fit and they will work, but like Swiss says, the Saab "Trollblazer" 9-7 is a little bit more than a Trailblazer rebadge. The Sweeds did more than fancy up the nose, tail lights, suspension and interior, so when you test and tune with the Tech2, you need to ignore the GM chasse selection like you're working on an Envoy, Bravada or Trailblazer and use the North American Saab menu selection.

Without plugging a Tech2 into the diagnostic port there isn't much I can do to help you find the cause, but you can try disconnect both cables from the battery and connecting them to each other for a couple hours to drain all circuits. Sometimes all you really need is a good cold boot.

Saab(s)
    2006 97x

2006 97x Power Reduction Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    These parts physical fit and they will work, but like Swiss says, the Saab "Trollblazer" 9-7 is a little bit more than a Trailblazer rebadge. The Sweeds did more than fancy up the nose, tail lights, suspension and interior, so when you test and tune with the Tech2, you need to ignore the GM chasse selection like you're working on an Envoy, Bravada or Trailblazer and use the North American Saab menu selection.

Without plugging a Tech2 into the diagnostic port there isn't much I can do to help you find the cause, but you can try disconnect both cables from the battery and connecting them to each other for a couple hours to drain all circuits. Sometimes all you really need is a good cold boot.
    Thanks for the information and the reply! I will give it a try. I assume a Tech2 is a type of code reader/eraser? The weird thing is last night, on the way home, all of the lights went out light nothing ever happened. If I get the error again today, I'll read and post the errors. Thanks again!!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnickerson View Post
    Thanks for the information and the reply! I will give it a try. I assume a Tech2 is a type of code reader/eraser? The weird thing is last night, on the way home, all of the lights went out light nothing ever happened. If I get the error again today, I'll read and post the errors. Thanks again!!
    Yes the Tech2 is the GM software specific scan and programming tool and the one I have for my Saab with the extra GM card added in has paid for itself several times over and saved my brother several hundred dollars of dealer only service on his Chevy Suburban in the process.