Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    93 2005 convertible

Jammed soft top latch

Hi All,

I have a slightly odd problem. My soft top is jammed closed and I have a feeling that I wont be able to fix it without doing some serious damage to my roof lining....

Basically I think one of the connecting arms that links the the front hook/latches to the windscreen frame has disconnected. When trying to open the roof, the left hand side of the front part of the roof eases up forming a slight gap, but the right side does not. When I try to manually disengage the mechanism using the key hole in front of the rearview mirror, I get the same behaviour. I can also hear rattling.....

As the roof will not detach, I cannot remove the foam cover hiding the mechanism. The only way I can think of getting in is to cut away at the foam cover until I get though to the mechanism and pry it back.

Has anyone here had any experience of this?? Im really stuck and I fear that there isn't much that can be done without tearing open the front of my roof

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Doing this without damaging the top is not a one man job and sometimes it cost less to have things done by a pro. Before you go off to spend your hard earned money, try treating your hood latch like a stuck bonnet latch and get someone to pound on the header from the top side while you work the mechanism from the inside.

Saab(s)
    93 2005 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Doing this without damaging the top is not a one man job and sometimes it cost less to have things done by a pro. Before you go off to spend your hard earned money, try treating your hood latch like a stuck bonnet latch and get someone to pound on the header from the top side while you work the mechanism from the inside.
    Thanks Digger,

Im certainly going to give that a bash (figuratively and literally!). Hopefully I can work it lose somehow...

/