Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Over the years 85 900 turbo, 86' SPG 87' SPG, 91' SPG, 01 9-3se, 04' 9-5 Aero

2004 9-5 Aero Electrical problems get fixed when battery cable is off for awhile

My 9-5 is pretty great. Had a dozen 900 turbos SPGs 85-91 then a 9-3 SE
    My wiper delay switch does not work, the radio stays on when I turn the car off, when I changed the battery in the remote it stopped working but when I disconnect the battery to do work then put it back everything works for about a week. I can't lock my car, I already got stuck out once. The single and only key hole does not turn, it may have happened when I replaced the window regulator and and I am scared to take the outside handle off and have it get screwed up and not be able to open my door.
    So Battery fix
    Door lock
    Could never get the garage door buttons on the rear view mirror to work.
    and any way to get to the windshield washer pump reservoir without taking off the bumper?

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Philgazi View Post
    My 9-5 is pretty great. Had a dozen 900 turbos SPGs 85-91 then a 9-3 SE
    My wiper delay switch does not work, the radio stays on when I turn the car off, when I changed the battery in the remote it stopped working but when I disconnect the battery to do work then put it back everything works for about a week. I can't lock my car, I already got stuck out once. The single and only key hole does not turn, it may have happened when I replaced the window regulator and and I am scared to take the outside handle off and have it get screwed up and not be able to open my door.
    So Battery fix
    Door lock
    Could never get the garage door buttons on the rear view mirror to work.
    and any way to get to the windshield washer pump reservoir without taking off the bumper?
    You might find that fitting a new battery cures some of the problems, it isn't terribly expensive to do so it is worth a try especially if yours is more than four years old.

The radio switches off when the ignition lock barrel returns to the extended position when you take the key out, there is probably a fair amount of muck between the barrel and the housing so that will not be helping. Lubricate with dry film lubricant once it is clean.

The washer reservoir is accessible from under the car with the bumper on. Great if you have a lift but not much help otherwise, it won't come out with the vehicle on its wheels.