Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2010 Saab 9-3 Estate

2010 Saab 9-3 Estate where can i Buy key fob my electric fob is Falling to piece

i have a tatty key fob so bad i have to arc the door opener now I leave the rear hatch and crawl through and open doors
    im in Florida and cheap would be nice let me know please

wayne furlong

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne555 View Post
    i have a tatty key fob so bad i have to arc the door opener now I leave the rear hatch and crawl through and open doors
    im in Florida and cheap would be nice let me know please

wayne furlong
    EBay will get you the best price on an empty fob shell but I suggest eSaabparts for a second transponder with a key cut for your cars VIN. A new fob case might be all you need today, but loosing or breaking your only key is a costly and very inconvenient problem to deal with. Having a second fob programed to your car is cheap insurance against experiencing a pricy and inconvenient emergency

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD
    I always keep 3 active key fobs for the 2009 9-3 XWD. The unlock button failed on my personal fob yesterday evening. I took my wife's fob, but left my daughter's fob in Daytona since I did not want to wake her and her family up at 6 AM this morning when I left for an appointment at Swede Central in Orlando. Of the options I had available, the easiest this morning was to just buy 2 new key fobs from Swede Central and have a set of three fobs programed for my wife's 9-3 XWD while I had some other work done on her 9-3. This may not be the cheapest way to replace fobs, but it did not take me one extra second to do it. Swede Central confirmed that the unlock button was broken on my fob and I would need to replace it.
    My advise is to obtain two new fobs and have them programed. Match them to two manual/metal keys which work. Metal keys have key codes. eSaabParts is generally the cheapest source of OME keys and fobs, if you want to order them. You will still need to have them matched or programed to your 9-3. Get rid of your old fob once it is replaced and stockpile any good key parts for the future. If the electronics don't fully function and the case is badly worn, then you don't have any good key parts.