Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1999 Saab 9-3

1999 Saab 9-3 are O2 sensors required

I have a 9-3 which was recently stolen. I got it back but they took out the catalytic converter. Im looking at generic replacements. So my first question is: whats the cheapest best option to replace the cat?

Next up from the looks of things they just yanked the catalytic converter out so i have no idea if the O2 sensors are going to work at all. How vital are they to the opertaion of the vehicle? Can i survive 8 months till its due for smog certs without O2 sensors.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimic View Post
    I have a 9-3 which was recently stolen. I got it back but they took out the catalytic converter. Im looking at generic replacements. So my first question is: whats the cheapest best option to replace the cat?

Next up from the looks of things they just yanked the catalytic converter out so i have no idea if the O2 sensors are going to work at all. How vital are they to the opertaion of the vehicle? Can i survive 8 months till its due for smog certs without O2 sensors.
    You can get O2 sensors that will work for about $22 ea. from rockauto.com and you do need working O2 sensors or your engine computer will go nuts and 8 months is way to long for a daily driver. With location Long Beach your converter could be a big can of worms if that is Long Beach California, getting a converter certified for use in Ca. cost money and not that the affordable converters can't do the job, they are affordable because they aren't Ca. certified. Even if you found a good high flow converter, you can't buy it in California, or have one shipped to your home in Ca. or go to another state and have one installed on your car because its against the law. Guess you will have to bite the bullet on this one and get the Ca. certified converter, sie Chihuahua!!