Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 wagon

My second Saab purchase in a 2 week period

Beautiful 99' 9-5 SE v6, one owner, all books/records. Bought it non-running with a suspected fuel pump issue, the pump was for sure locked up and after a new pump it fired right up and runs superb.Name:  Saab 2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  98.8 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Sounds like you got a great deal and minimal effort to get it running again. I had a green 9-5 before and it was my favorite color on the 9-5.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 wagon
    It was a well loved car by the previous owner, the interior is super clean and smells just like my old audi 4000Q.
    Not quite out of the woods yet, the tires are dry rotted, which is a shame, they have almost full tread and are Michelin’s.
    There’s a light clunk in the front end I suspect are worn anti-roll bar end links, blower motor is seized from sitting, might try to nurse it back to life but I have a suspicion it will squeak like hell, but it’s worth a shot I guess.
    The ac system is empty and it looks like the condenser was damaged when the new radiator was installed.
    It is a super nice car and I can’t wait to get it on the road again!!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 Combi
    Best color. Same color as my 2006 new-to-me Combi. Hope to get her on the road soon as well

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    I bought my first saab oct. 2018... CHOOSEY was an 02 9-5 arc (v6) she lasted me til last week. she got torn down and her auto transmission is going into a 03 9-5 arc (v6).... very solid car IF you take care and previous oners did a decent job..
    I did not know about saabs til I bought choosey. It was btw her and a 2000 nissan.... and you see my obvious choose. At first glance of research nights before test drive I loved the features (leather seats heated/cooled, sunroof, center console ignition!!!!, and very good speakers.... AND THE OBVIOUS...... TURBO!!!) I was buying from a private seller so choosey was in bad condition drove it til she wouldn't no more than i bought an 03.....
    Private seller that failed to tell me transmission will need to be replaced......
    The rest should be obvious (I kept choosey the 02 for spare parts because it's almost rare to find the same car with almost everything the same at junk yards and online most of the time are alil expensive plus I don't make much money so I made it like my 1st to go to insurance if you will and trust me I definitely didn't expect my 03 transmission going SO FAST).
    Choosey 02 body is gone engine is most likely done but one thing I do remember was she never shifted rough or sporadic never popped out of gear on the highway or regular roads or never burned transmission fluid!!!!!!!!!!
    02 transmission is out and 03 ready to get slightly undressed to swap the trans as we speak...
    I DEFINITELY CAN'T WAIT TIL IT'S DONE!!!
    BTW the 03 is in alot better condition with this swap she is in the mint condition group with 187k miles
    Will keep updated of when the project is done.