Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2005 9-5t

I got nothing

Hello from the Newbie. Very first Saab, 2005 9-5t. Unfortunately for me I'm second guessing my decision to Saab already because I have nothing at all.
    New battery, I'm sorry I have lights but it doesn't crank or click or anything. Fuses are good, I've been looking for the starter relay but this might require a
    disassembly instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks John

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    You are going to need the book. Go to the first sticky in the Tech Talk section and download the WIS ( the how to book ) might want to also download the EPC (the parts book) comes in real handy, when you need to figure out where the part fits in.

Sounds like you might have a bad relay, also sounds like you could have tripped the security system, can't tell from the small amount of info supplied.

Saab(s)
    2005 9-5t
    Thank you so much. At least now I can get started troubleshooting. I thought about the relay, From what I can see it is under the left side dash. Is it difficult to get out?The relay does not click or anything.
    I'll let you know what I find out. Security System? how would I know if I did that? Can I undo whatever it is that caused the security system to lock down?

Thanks again,
    John

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    Sounds to me like a bad ground wire may wanna check your terminals and all grounded parts which include the starter...
    Let us know you're outcome!!!

Saab(s)
    2005 9-5t
    Thanks Biggsjam21. I will check the grounds. I'll let you know what I find.I borrowed a scanner to see if it has any memory.

Thanks again.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    no need to have codes stored in it ..keep searching around relay grounds and immobilizer you finally find what's wrong.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by aahmes57 View Post
    Thanks Biggsjam21. I will check the grounds. I'll let you know what I find.I borrowed a scanner to see if it has any memory.

Thanks again.
    A scanner will only work if you have power. If you have lost a ground connection there may not be any power on the box you need to connect to. Additionally, if you have lost power to a box it won't be able to store codes. Sorry but you have to do this one the hard way.