Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 2011 1,9 TTID4 Estate

Tracking/recording trips

Hi everyone!

As the summer is well underway, I am finally about to hit the road again and get some great trips with my 9-3. Really looking forward to it!

In the past I've been thinking it would be great to track/record my trips, but I did not have a tool for it at hand, and so it just went out the window. This year I am planning ahead of time, and thought it would be a simple matter of finding the app/tool that I liked the best and then start the car... But I cannot find ANY app that does this. I am thinking something like Strava (the activity/fitness app) for driving. Ideally it would record the route, speed along the way, elevation, distance, climb... Imagination is the limit.
    But since I cannot find any such tool, I am coming here for help. Does anyone use any such tools? How hard can it be? I mean we have a multitude of apps for this, only for running/cycling/diving(!)/...

Any help is very welcome!!

Best
    Magnus

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    That would be a cool app to record all of those things. I go on many road trips myself and would find that interesting to view afterwards.

I found this app for tracking a route and I am going to give it a try to see how it works: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/route-...te/id933469609

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2010 SAAB 9-5 Aero
    The Torque OBD2 app I use records my trip and speed info and puts on a Google Map. It requires a bluetooth obd2 transmitter to work. It's also a great tool for real time PCM info (intake temp, spark advance, calculate hp and torque, etc.) and can read and erase check engine lights.