Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3

Vibrations and sound during idle.

Hi, I need help with my 2008 SAAB 9-3 Sedan (B207E engine). Every now and then I can feel vibrations and hear sounds coming from the floorboard area. It sometimes come whenever the car is idle on P and D with the footbrake. The vibrations and sound completely go away when I turn off the aircon (in P or D with footbrake) or slowly goes away with the aircon turned on when the car is moving off. This issue started after I sent the car in the workshop to get the aircon refrigerant leak fixed and the rear crankshaft oil seal replaced.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Lots of parts need to be moved and removed to replace rear seal and what you describe has multiple possible causes. Take it back to where you had the work done and hope the every now and then vibration happens when you are there.

Saab(s)
    2008 Saab 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Lots of parts need to be moved and removed to replace rear seal and what you describe has multiple possible causes. Take it back to where you had the work done and hope the every now and then vibration happens when you are there.
    I brought the car back to the workshop that did the rear crankshaft seal replacement. The vibration occurred while they were inspecting the car. They advised me that the engine mounts had deteriorated and that was the cause of vibration. I wanted a 2nd opinion. So I brought the car to a different workshop. They also gave me the same advice.
    I'm not sure if I should buy new mounts.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    If you plan to keep and use the car you can put up with the vibration until it becomes a clunk and you can put up with the clunk until something breaks that cost real money to fix, you can get rid of the car now while the vibration is occasional, or you can fix the problem while it is small and enjoy the ride. Engine mounts eventually go on every car, some are difficult to change, all require getting the engine up some so the part can be replaced. Parts are fairly inexpensive and if you don't have the tools or a place to work, don't risk crippling yourself pay to have the work done.