Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    Saab

Lightbulb Instrumental panel with gear and motor symbols/warnings.

Hi,

This is a Saab 93/9-3 cabriolet/convertible, 2001 SE, 2.0i Turbo AT.

I did a complete oil and oil filter change in June last month, but before this service then it was a warning in the instrumental panel with the gear and motor symbols. There is nothing wrong with this on the car mechanically and as I have tested now for a month by driving the car. The mechanic who did the oil change also did a reset of the warnings as he claimed and said, but now after a month the warnings appears again. I am not aware of if the mechanic just assumed that a reset was done properly or not, because everything was done on the SID display panel on the dashboard. Where the "Time for service" messages are and so on. The gear and motor symbols also appears and disappears randomly day by day when I start the ignition.
    They are not constantly lights on of symbols in the instrumental panel when I start the ignition and continuing while I'm driving and parking e.g..
    And as I suspect that these symbols are more to trust if they constantly appears on the instrumental panel permanently until it's inspected further or properly by an experienced Saab mechanic. Is it anything or anyone who knows what I can do when I don't have a OBD/OBD2 car reader?
    Can I reset something else, drag out relays or disconnect the battery on the car, or anything else to reset this symbols completely?

I'm thankful for all suggestions in this thread.

Saab(s)
    Saabs 9-5
    In some cases, gear and motor symbols light go on but there is nothing wrong with mechanically. But you should use engine scanner to problem with code storing before you reset or clear these symbols.

Saab(s)
    Saab
    Quote Originally Posted by KirstenVines View Post
    In some cases, gear and motor symbols light go on but there is nothing wrong with mechanically. But you should use engine scanner to problem with code storing before you reset or clear these symbols.
    Thanks for the response. Are you a woman?
    I don't have any equipments or engine scanners to read the codes yet. There's only functions to reset the notifications for the interval of services on the middle console from the dashboard. That's what I have done only.
    Do you recommend one OBD engine error/motor code device to scan with which is reasonable in price and good quality? I don't want to use an app with it, just the device itself.
    Have a good day.