Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 AERO HOT

Question ACC Code 14

I've searched through the site but haven't found anything specific to code 14, Stepping motor, air distribution flap - no mechanical connection between motor and flap.

I've had both air-mixing flap arms replaced in the past (codes 7&9) but I've not come across the air distribution flap. Unfortunately, my workshop manual is still in packing cases having moved house. Can anyone point me to some information on repairing this please?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Here is some information from the Saab WIS: Stepping motor - air distribution flap - Saab 9-5.pdf

Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5

Dont forget the Acc Control Module.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggers View Post
    I've searched through the site but haven't found anything specific to code 14, Stepping motor, air distribution flap - no mechanical connection between motor and flap.

I've had both air-mixing flap arms replaced in the past (codes 7&9) but I've not come across the air distribution flap. Unfortunately, my workshop manual is still in packing cases having moved house. Can anyone point me to some information on repairing this please?
    To whom it may concern: I just went through the whole Saab Central gammut, I mean everyting to no avail, so I started with a 14 error "Motor and flap no connection" and paid the price for this valuable education on Saab ACC Repair. Both driver and passenger sides stripped down, and put back together 5 times, well after such an arduos adventure in online troubleshooting and no fix, I finally got down to the control module and possibly the R motor I replaced with a junk yard used one and everything was kosher up to the flapper and aluminum stopper motor arm, which I just replaced to omit that future problem, cause the plastic one was good. The control module was the culprit, went and got that and a R motor at the local junk yard off a 99 9-5, put it all back together and Wa-Lah, everything worked just fine after the error 22 software code came up and went away after the cars ecu shook hands with it and adjusted it. So anyway on this site and on others online I could not find anyone who had the "Control Module" as the culprit, everybodys got the stop arm, the shaft, stuck flapper, and etc, but no control module. Anyway I learned how the Hvac system works and part location and how to replace them. A happy ending.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxFubar View Post
    To whom it may concern: I just went through the whole Saab Central gamut, I mean everything to no avail, so I started with a 14 error "Motor and flap no connection" and paid the price for this valuable education on Saab ACC Repair. Both driver and passenger sides stripped down, and put back together 5 times, well after such an arduous adventure in online troubleshooting and no fix, I finally got down to the control module and possibly the R motor I replaced with a junk yard used one and everything was kosher up to the flapper and aluminum stopper motor arm, which I just replaced to omit that future problem, cause the plastic one was good. The control module was the culprit, went and got that and a R motor at the local junk yard off a 99 9-5, put it all back together and Wa-Lah, everything worked just fine after the error 22 software code came up and went away after the cars ecu shook hands with it and adjusted it. So anyway on this site and on others online I could not find anyone who had the "Control Module" as the culprit, everybodys got the stop arm, the shaft, stuck flapper, and etc, but no control module. Anyway I learned how the Hvac system works and part location and how to replace them. A happy ending.
    Failures of the various motors and linkages of the climate control system (HVAC is a building industry term) are far more common that control panel faults, with the exception of missing pixels. Yours is the first I have heard of a panel fault. The same is true of other, non-automotive, systems in my experience. It is usually the moving parts that fail, not always but often. The 9-5 climate control system changed over the years and I believe there are several different part numbers for the control panel, it would be as well to ensure that you have the correct p/n for your particular car.