Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc

03 9-5 arc auto trans still pops out of gear then stalls

Trans shop just got done with it and I drove it about 25min then it started to jerk not shift and eventually pop out of gear and car stalls from misfire has anyone ever experienced this and found the problem?? I have and the shop has done with thing in between checking levels and even ordering another transmission and installing with the same problem!! Please helpp

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Saw this in a late 90's Mitsubishi about 15 years ago and after the second tranny we found the bad tranny control module.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    Thanks for the response the shop decide to replace the battery and reprogrammed the tcm.
    I'm going in the morning at 8am when they open and take it for a spin.... this time with someone following me, the other day was my first run with it nonetheless battery died and ran out of gas in dam near the middle of no where (deff not fun) 2 very nice people helped and I was able to get back to the shop at which point was closed but just parked it and left a note. I would've had it back today but got out of work to late they were closed by then.
    I will deff give an update on how tomorrow goes.
    Thanks again

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    Picked up my 03 9-5 and so far so good drove about 60miles today with no issues usually it would've already gave me some problem but nope she's running strong.... there's deff some weird noises that are new to me it deff was a quieter idle but it has come apart and not ran in about 2nahalf months I'll get under it to really look at my exhaust and around the firewall I hear what I think might be a vacuum leak but I'll keep driving to see if any codes pop up

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    ALSO the mechanic told me when ever transmissions are swapped in Saabs they need the tcm flashed/reprogrammed or something like that... anyone else ever heard of this??

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggsjam21 View Post
    ALSO the mechanic told me when ever transmissions are swapped in Saabs they need the tcm flashed/reprogrammed or something like that... anyone else ever heard of this??
    Not just Saab, can't think of a new car that doesn't and most 15 year old cars do. Spooky TCM side note is that sometimes the thousand little voltage surges of connecting the battery cable in a newer car can confuse any module and put the TCM into training mode which can ruin a tranny if you don't drive out the training sequence.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    today for some reason I hit about 110 on the highway and I got this VIOLIENT vibration I stopped accelerating and it stopped got off the highway jumped back on and trans just slipped completely had to pull over and restart to make it home