Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    31 Jul 2019
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 turbo
    Thumbs Up:   0

    AMP2 Failure / Radio not working

    Radio hasn't worked in my car since I bought it from previous owner. AMP 1 receives no information/no laser. Disconnected AMP 2 and confirmed that input laser is present, so I am guessing my break is somewhere between AMP 2 and AMP1, probably both as AMP1 is pretty beat up. Any quick DIY solutions to this while I look for a new AMP2? Can I attempt a bypass on AMP 2 as is done with AMP1? Would the rear speakers work in this case? Thanks.

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Saab Owner Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Oct 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota
    Posts
    967
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   143
    Quote Originally Posted by m3245 View Post
    Radio hasn't worked in my car since I bought it from previous owner. AMP 1 receives no information/no laser. Disconnected AMP 2 and confirmed that input laser is present, so I am guessing my break is somewhere between AMP 2 and AMP1, probably both as AMP1 is pretty beat up. Any quick DIY solutions to this while I look for a new AMP2? Can I attempt a bypass on AMP 2 as is done with AMP1? Would the rear speakers work in this case? Thanks.
    So the yard I got my 12757370 amp 1 from sent me a 12757371 amp 2 by mistake and didn't want it back, don't know if it works but assume it does as the Amp 1 they sent is working just fine. Yours for the shipping if you want it.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    31 Jul 2019
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 turbo
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    So the yard I got my 12757370 amp 1 from sent me a 12757371 amp 2 by mistake and didn't want it back, don't know if it works but assume it does as the Amp 1 they sent is working just fine. Yours for the shipping if you want it.

    Thanks, Digger. That'd be great. I'll send you a pm with my details.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Saab Owner Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Oct 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota
    Posts
    967
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Thumbs Up:   143
    Quote Originally Posted by m3245 View Post
    Thanks, Digger. That'd be great. I'll send you a pm with my details.
    Didn't get your PM and can't send you one, check your profile settings.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Frank
    Administrator nordwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 2010
    Location
    USA - Netherlands
    Posts
    7,739
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thumbs Up:   101
    Users need to make at least 5 posts before they can send and receive PMs. This was done for preventing spammers send messages to members. And also to encourage users to post in the forum instead of asking other forum members for help directly.

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    31 Jul 2019
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 turbo
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by nordwulf View Post
    Users need to make at least 5 posts before they can send and receive PMs. This was done for preventing spammers send messages to members. And also to encourage users to post in the forum instead of asking other forum members for help directly.
    Well, that explains it! Thanks, Nordwulf, I was completely confused about how to pm.

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    31 Jul 2019
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 turbo
    Thumbs Up:   0
    As far as my situation, I went ahead with a bypass on AMP2. This does seem to move the signal to the AMP1 connector. However, no luck when I also attempt to simultaneously bypass AMP1 with a loop. Perhaps I need a tighter vacuum hose for the fiber optics in AMP1. I don't know.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    31 Jul 2019
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 turbo
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Laser is now passing through AMP1 as well. Took out EHU and confirmed that fiber optics were reaching it, however there was no strobing light in the input cable to the CD player. So an additional break between EHU and CD player. I'm not sure if the cable between EHU and CD player is bad or if I have a malfunctioning EHU. Both parts seem to work fine, or at least I hear the CD player working when I push the buttons.

    0 Not allowed!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Radio not working
    By Brotano in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09 September 2018, 09:20
  2. Traction Control Failure & Stability Control Failure
    By Paul54 in forum Saab 9-3 (2003-2014)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05 August 2015, 03:20
  3. 2003 9-5 3.0t Radio not working
    By Edison Guerra in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11 June 2015, 20:46
  4. Updating Navigation Radio UYS for Navigation Radio/Clock Concerns 9-4X
    By Burnsside42 in forum Saab 9-4X (2011-2012)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06 June 2014, 18:46
  5. Radio not working? Amp1 quick fix
    By verberne24 in forum Saab 9-3 (2003-2014)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27 August 2012, 13:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.