Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    07 9-3 2.0t convertible

07 convertible glove box

I tried to open my glove box and just pushing on the button wouldn’t work. So I took my metal key and stuck it in the lock to make sure it wasn’t accidentally locked somehow and the lock cylinder came out with it. I then tried to get my key out of the cylinder and all the internal bits fell out. I wasn’t able to collect them all. My problem is where do I go from here getting that dealt with. I can’t seem to find any new lock cylinders online or I’m looking in the wrong spot. Or is there a locksmith of some sort I can take it to with my key and they can rebuild it? This is a first for me so I’m kinda at a loss.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Google any locksmith in your area and they can fix or replace, you might need to wait some time for a new replacement. Getting a used lock and having it re keyed is a less expensive alternative and my suggestion is put your empty cylinder back in the hole so it looks like a lock and can be worked by any key or even a butter knife. Locking the cubby on a plastic dash ragtop is more an impression of security helping to keep curious people honest. A real thief doesn't hesitate to force a lock and damage your dash in the process.