Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Alex Andrews (Lex)
    Saab(s)
    ‘02 9-5 Aero, ‘16 Skoda Superb SE-L Exec.

Has it really been 4yrs?

Hi all,

I’ve just purchased my 4th 9-5. This time an 2002 Aero saloon. It’s not a great looker or runner at the moment, I think I’ve been bitten, but the other half likes it better than I do, so I think she may end up having it..

It does look a bit odd, as it has an uncommon boot spoiler and looks like 9-3 Aero wheels on 18 inch rims. I do have an approved used SAAB sales print off (type they put in the window) with them fitted on the car.
    More things change. The more they stay the same.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Saab has done odd things. For example, I had rear vented disc brakes on my 2005 9-3 Linear. It was not supposed to have it.

Alex Andrews (Lex)
    Saab(s)
    Here’s the new one. Name:  DF4B7F37-BE90-4E4F-A390-70D3BDDAEF36.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  91.5 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Those are awesome wheels! You hardly see them and they are 9-5 wheels. I think they were only available in Europe.

Car still looks good in the picture and hopefully won't take too much work to make it a daily driver again.

Oh... just saw your other thread. Maybe needs a little bit of work..

Alex Andrews (Lex)
    Saab(s)
    It’s been an interesting few months since last visit. Spent well over a £1,000 later on the 9-5. It past it’s MOT with only advisories, 2 brake pipes corroded and slight play in rear rose bushes.

This was after it had: Both rear subframe bushes, Both for front shocks, Springs, drop links, lower ball joints, torque mount, new bolt in steering rack, antenna due to age and leaking, Drivers front window mechanism and rollers, Xenon front level sensor, Oil pressure sensor due to oil light on low revs (almost stall speed), refurb throttle body and gaskets, gearbox service and main service, coolant change and probably more besides.

Still to fit: Polybush (purple) trailing arm bushes, Rocker Gasket slight misting from front gearbox side.

Ongoing issues: 5th gear is a absolute pain to get into at times, the car doesn’t seem as fast as the D5 V70, 508 Hybrid or the Superb, so may have a upcoming turbo failure (misting at the oil return gasket, no smoke or smell of oil though).

Bodywork still has its dings and previous poor repairs over it.

Nearly had it a year, Mot done, service due in August when I’ll drop the sump again, the other half uses it for work and hasn’t even done 3k since buying it. It maybe starting to grow on me a little.