Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3 Convertible

Need 2004 Aero convertible front rearward sub frame bushing, no one has any?

Greetings,

I am almost at a loss here. Totally overhauling the suspension of my wife's convertible and am having absolutely no luck locating the 2 front rearward subframe bushings. The part number is 32021863, but everywhere I turn says they are out of stock even in Europe and no re-supply expected at all. These are the notorious bearings that make our Saabs literally fall apart when going over a pothole. Soooooo, does anyone have any idea what my options are at this point?

Does anyone have a source for these bushings?

Has anyone done anything crazy like weld different supports on the subframe so more common and available bushings can be used?

Are there any other bushings, say from another year that are interchangeable?

I can't believe something so small may virtually make us retire the car? That's just plain crazy! The other crazy thing is, I've searched this forum and several other forums, and no one else is mentioning this problem? I'm sure these bushings need to be replaced in many Saabs across the world, yet no one is saying that these bushings aren't available anymore. The car is almost un-driveable without replacing these.

I hope someone has an answer.

Thanks

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    When you can't find a Saab part a Chevy part will do and it usually costs a lot less. Even though the Cobalt rides on the Delta platform most of the front steering parts are interchangeable with your 9-3. But your best bet for subframe bushings will be the Malibu as both these cars are built on the Epsilon platform.

Saab(s)
    9-3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    When you can't find a Saab part a Chevy part will do and it usually costs a lot less. Even though the Cobalt rides on the Delta platform most of the front steering parts are interchangeable with your 9-3. But your best bet for subframe bushings will be the Malibu as both these cars are built on the Epsilon platform.
    You've given me a new direction, but I am like a fish out of water. I googled Malibu subframe bushings, Malibu Epsilon platform, Saab Malibu interchangeability, etc, but am not really getting anywhere. I know the Saab bushing part number, but that doesn't cross with anything Chevy Malibu. I've looked for Malibu subframe bushings or Malibu engine cradle bushings, but not much comes up for that either. I know I'll find what I need eventually cause I'm a persistent stickler, but for now, nothing.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Should I be pulling the parts I need and then visually comparing them to something Chevy Malibu? Have you used Malibu parts in your Saab, and if so, how did you cross reference them?

I hope you can give me a bit more info, but I appreciate the lead so far, thank you.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Almost all GM parts used on Saab have their own Saab part numbers and GM did not publish a Saab to Chevy interchange book. Google helps after you make your own and share your knowledge. After you publish your results someone will read them and start selling these parts on line for a near Saab price. Have a good collection of Chevy & Caddy part numbers that are also Saab parts for things I've needed and thought I would need eventually. Did use rear suspension parts and saved a small fortune, but didn't need subframe bushings so I don't have a good cross part number to give you. For this you take your measuring stick and visit your local parts store, or junk yard and eyeball the parts you need until you find the right part.